If you have been struggling with weight management issues and have been trying to lose some extra pounds for long, you must have come in contact with the mention of Keto Diet India, or ketogenic diet. Keto diet is basically a healthy detoxification diet that offers numerous health benefits alongside safe weight reduction. It is a high-fat, low carbohydrate, and medium protein diet that increases the body’s metabolic rate.
And for all interested people, here’s the guide on a keto diet plan for beginners as well as veterans. Read through our detailed ketosis diet guide to find out what it really is and if you are an ideal candidate for a ketogenic diet.
What Is Keto Diet?
A ketogenic diet is extremely low in carbohydrates and contains maximum fat to aid metabolism and digestion. Since it contains least carbs, the keto diet plan does not depend on blood glucose to release energy. Rather, it blasts deposited fat from the adipose tissues. And this low carb fat blasting special metabolic condition is scientifically known as Ketosis.
4 Kinds Of Ketogenic Diets For Weight Loss
Keto diet is of different types depending upon multiple factors including the following.
- Weight, age, and gender
- Medical conditions and current medications
- Body’s metabolism
- Target areas for spot reduction
Moving on, the following 4 types of ketogenic diets are most significant for beginners as well as veterans.
- Standard Ketogenic Diet – Abbreviated as SKD, the standard keto diet is a mixture of 75% fat, 5% carbohydrates, and 20% protein
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet – Abbreviated as CKD, the cyclical keto diet involves periodic feed of high carbs between the high-fat regular keto diet plan. For example, for a weekly plan, CKD will have 5 days of the high-fat diet, followed by 2 days of low fat and high carb diet.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet – Abbreviated as TKD, targeted ketone diet is the spot reduction diet plan that involves the intake of high carb food exactly half an hour before performing a high-intensity workout
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diet – This keto diet plan is almost similar to the standard ketogenic diet plan with a few minor ratio changes – it contains 35% proteins instead of 20% and 60% fat instead of 75%. The one constant is carbohydrates – 5%. Also, this ketosis diet is perfect for bodybuilders
What Is The Best Keto Diet Chart For Standard Ketogenic Diet?
Standard keto diet is basically designed for beginners as well as people who have insulin resistance. This keto diet plan India requires you to follow the intake of following ingredients in the specified amount only.
- 0.8 grams of protein/pound of body mass
- 20-50 grams carbs/day that should contribute to not more than 5% calories
- High-fat diet contributing to 75% calorie consumption/day
What Is The Best Keto Diet Chart For Cyclical Ketogenic Diet?
This is a stringent ketosis diet program that involves two phases – high fat keto diet and high carb keto diet.
The 1st phase, on a weekly basis, is the high-fat and low-carb diet for 5 days. The keto diet chart for per day calorie consumption for phase 1 is given below.
- 75% calories should come from fat
- 25% calories should come from protein
- Only 5% calories should come from carbs
Phase 2 is the complete opposite of phase 1. The keto diet plan for phase 2 involves a high carb and low-fat diet for 2 days after 5 days of high fat and low carb diet. This ketogenic diet plan is for bodybuilders since it focuses on fat loss from the body while increasing the muscle mass. The keto diet chart for per day calorie consumption for phase 2 is given below.
- 75% calories should come from carbohydrates
- Only 5% calories should come from fat
- 25% calories should come from proteins
Also read, 5 Simple Yoga Poses For Weight Loss
What Is The Best Keto Diet Chart For High-Protein Ketogenic Diet?
The basic principle that the body follows while on a keto diet is the production of ketones that are natural proteins. And these ketones supply energy to the body despite calorie deficiency. And when the keto diet plan that you follow is High-Protein Ketogenic Diet, your body derives more calories from proteins than from fats. Which is why this ketogenic diet is perfect for bodybuilders.
The keto diet chart for per day calorie consumption for High-Protein Ketogenic Diet is given below.
- 60% calories should come from fat
- 35% calories should come from proteins
- 5% calories should come from carbohydrates
What Is The Best Keto Diet Chart For Targeted Ketogenic Diet
This keto diet India is not for beginners, but for people who perform high-intensity training exercises in the gym. It aims at fat reduction while being able to supply muscles with adequate energy with the help of glycogen. Precisely, this ketosis diet is a perfect truce between a standard ketogenic diet and cyclical ketogenic diet designed for bodybuilders and athletes.
The only important thing to consider while following the keto diet chart for targeted ketogenic diet is consuming carbohydrates anywhere between 25-50 grams half an hour before the workout.
An Insight On The Healthy Keto Diet Food List
If you’ve decided to go ahead and try the ketosis diet, it’s necessary to have a keto diet plan for weight loss in place. Which is why we have made a substantial keto diet food list that will help you all through the way to try dozens of keto diet recipes without interfering with weight loss.
Best Protein Sources While On A Ketosis Diet
Best Fat Sources While On A Keto Diet
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
Best Healthy Low-Carb Sources While On A Ketogenic Diet
- Cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese
- Cottage cheese
Best Beverages While On A Ketosis Diet
- Green tea
- Mineral water
- Decaf black coffee
- Bone Broth
Also read, 23 Must Know Karela Juice Benefits
Best Herbs And Sausages While On A Keto Diet
- Lemon butter sauce
- Non-sugared mayonnaise
Best Nuts And Seeds While On A Keto Diet
- Chia seeds
Best Fruits And Vegetable While On A Ketogenic Diet For Weight Loss
Best Vegetarian Keto Diet For Weight Loss
It’s a myth that a vegetarian diet contains fewer nutrients. So, if you’re a vegetarian and have decided to follow a veg keto diet routine, the list of keto diet foods we have given below is the best weight loss plan for you.
Best Protein Sources For Vegetarian Keto Diet
- Greek yogurt that contains 15-20 grams of protein per 6 ounces
- Hemp seeds that contain 9 grams of protein per ounce
- Cottage cheese that contains 20 grams of protein per 6 ounces
- Romano cheese that contains 10 grams of protein per ounce
- Almond butter that contains 8 grams of protein per 32 grams
Best Fat Sources Indian Vegetarian Keto Diet
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
Best Low-Carb Sources For Vegetarian Keto Diet
- Spinach that contains only 1 gram carbs per serving
- Avocados that contains only 2-grams carbs per serving
- Asparagus that contains only 2-grams carbs per serving
- Cauliflower that contains only 3-grams carbs per serving
- Broccoli that contains only 4-grams carbs per serving
- Green beans that contain only 4-grams carbs per serving
- Brussels sprouts that contain 5-grams carbs per serving
Foods To Avoid While On A Keto Diet Plan India
- Sweetened yogurt
- Lemonade with sugar or honey
- Fruit juice
- Chocolate nuts
- Barbecue sauce
- Maple syrup
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Ice cream
A Guide On Vegetarian Keto Diet Plan India – 1 Week Keto Diet Plan
This is a 1-week ketogenic diet plan that you’ll find easiest as a beginner. Besides, we have listed the day-by-day keto diet chart that will make things way simpler than you expect.
Keto Diet Menu For Monday
6 AM: The best way to start the 1st day of your ketogenic diet is by drinking 1-2 glass(es) of mineral water
9 AM: The breakfast keto diet menu should be paneer bhurji cooked in olive oil with soy flour chapatis
9 30 AM – 1 PM: Keep hydrated. You can have a cup of green tea as well
1 PM: The ideal Monday lunch for ketogenic diet India should be green beans cooked in coconut oil with soy flour chapatis
5 PM: This should be the ideal time for keto diet snacking on some roasted chia seeds with a cup of decaf black coffee
6 PM – 7 PM: When on Indian vegetarian ketogenic diet, this is the ideal time to munch on carrots
9 PM: The dinner keto diet menu should incorporate spinach cooked in olive oil, soy-flour chapatis (not more than 2), and 1 cup of hot tomato soup
Keto Diet Menu For Tuesday
6 AM: Begin your day with a cup of normal tulsi tea
9 AM: keep the breakfast keto diet menu limited to paneer paratha
9 30 AM – 1 PM: Drink 5-6 glasses of water to stay hydrated
1 PM: The ideal Tuesday lunch for ketogenic diet India should be Broccoli cooked in coconut oil with soy flour chapatis
5 PM: Munch on some almonds
6 PM – 7 PM: When on Indian vegetarian ketogenic diet, this is the ideal time to munch on a carrot or 2
9 PM: Call it a day by limiting the dinner keto diet menu to green salad and a bowl of vegetable soup with oregano seasoning
Keto Diet Menu For Wednesday
6 AM: Boil some water and add ginger flakes in it. Filter the ginger water and add lemon juice in it and drink it empty stomach to start the 3rd day of your ketosis diet
9 AM: The breakfast keto diet menu should be limited to a plate of green salad
9 30 AM -1 PM: Drink 5-6 glasses of water again
1 PM: The ideal Wednesday lunch for ketogenic diet India should be green peas keema with Quinoa flour chapatis
5 PM: Eat an avocado
6 PM – 7 PM: Drink apple juice or cucumber juice for this part of the Indian vegetarian ketogenic diet
9 PM: End your day with black dal and 2 soy flour chapatis
Keto Diet Menu For Thursday
6 AM: Drink a glass of overnight soaked chana on the 4th day of your Indian vegetarian ketogenic diet
9 AM: The breakfast should be a glass of spinach or low-carb ginger smoothie
9 30 AM -1 PM: Drink as much water as you can to stay alert
1 PM: The ideal ketogenic diet India Thursday lunch should be broccoli fritters and avocado salad
5 PM: Eat an apple
6 PM – 7 PM: Beetroot juice will be the healthiest for weight loss for this part of your 1 week Indian vegetarian ketogenic diet challenge
9 PM: Your keto diet Thursday dinner should be broccoli cooked in olive oil with 2 Quinoa chapatis
Keto Diet Menu For Friday
6 AM: A glass of lauki juice will do the trick on the 5th day of Indian keto diet
9 AM: Repeat paneer paratha with some greek yogurt for keto diet breakfast on Friday
9 30 AM -1 PM: Drink water. You can also drink a cup of normal tea with ginger, somewhere in between
1 PM: The ideal ketogenic diet India Friday should be soya and green beans with 2 soy chapatis
5 PM: You can snack on some almonds and cashews or drink a cup of non-sugared decaf black coffee
6 PM – 7 PM: Beetroot and cucumber juice mix is healthiest at this stage of keto diet plan for weight loss
9 PM: End Friday night keto diet dinner with a cup of hot vegetable juice made with carrots, spinach, green peas, and boiled broccoli
Now comes the high carb and low-fat phase of the 1-week keto diet challenge.
Keto Diet Menu For Saturday
6 AM: Start the 2nd last day of the 1-week keto vegetarian diet challenge with a glass of lauki and cucumber juice
9 AM: Eat paneer bhurji and 2 soy flour chapatis for breakfast
9 30 AM -1 PM: Drink water as usual
1 PM: The ketogenic diet India lunch for Saturday should be clear vegetable soup only
5 PM: Munch on roasted chia seeds and flaxseeds
6 PM – 7 PM: Eat a few cucumber slices to manage hunger
9 PM: Curtail the Saturday night keto diet dinner to green salad and lotus stem soup
Keto Diet Menu For Sunday
6 AM: The ideal way to start the last day of your veg keto diet should be a glass of overnight soaked ajwain water
9 AM: Eat brown bread with some peanut butter for breakfast
9 30 AM -1 PM: Drink 5-6 glasses of water
1 PM: Eat paneer paratha with butter for lunch on the last day of the ketogenic diet India 1 week challenge
5 PM: Munch on roasted chana and cashews
6 PM – 7 PM: Eat pear fruit
9 PM: End your 1-week Ketosis diet challenge with a plate of green salad
3 Scrumptious Indian Keto Recipes That You Can Enjoy While On A Keto Diet Plan For Weight Loss
We have made a guide on the Indian Keto recipes with 1 recipe each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, respectively.
1) Low Carb Spinach And Ginger Smoothie For Keto Diet Plan India
This is a perfect keto diet for breakfast. You’ll need the following ingredients to make it.
- Coconut cream
- Grated ginger
Steps To Make Low Carb Ginger Smoothie For Keto Diet Breakfast
- Place 1 glass mineral water, a bowl of boiled spinach and ½ a cup of coconut cream in a mixer and grind well
- Take out the smoothie in a bowl and add lemon juice slowly to complement your taste
- Garnish the smoothie in a cup with grated ginger on top and refrigerate it for 15 minutes for best taste
2) Low-Carb Broccoli Fritters For Keto Diet Plan
Broccoli fritters make a perfect lunch menu for Indian vegetarian ketogenic diet. You’ll require the following ingredients to make this simple yet effective keto dish.
- Finely chopped broccoli
- Grated paneer or blue cheese
- Almond flour
- Olive oil
Steps To Make Low-Carb Broccoli Fritters For Keto Diet Lunch
- Place 1 cup chopped broccoli, ½ cup grated paneer, 1 tbsp almond flour, and salt as per taste in a bowl and mix well
- Make small balls from the mixture
- Heat a pan and grease it with olive oil
- Press the balls with your palms and let them roast in the pan until they change color to a light golden yellow
3) Creamed Spinach Salad For Keto Diet Plan India
This is a very simple dinner keto diet recipe for Indian vegetarians. You’ll need the following ingredients to make it.
- 1 cup defrosted spinach
- Cream cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Greek yogurt
- Romano cheese
Steps To Make Creamed Spinach Salad For Keto Diet Dinner
- Add 1 cup chopped defrosted spinach in a pan and heat in medium flame till the water is evaporated
- Add 1 tsp cream cheese, 1/4th tsp ginger powder and onion powder, and a pinch of salt in the pan and mix them well with spinach
- Sim the flame and add 1 tsp greek yogurt in the pan and mix well. Add grated Romano cheese in the pan. Turn the flame off and enjoy while the spinach salad is still hot
What Are The Health Benefits Of Keto Diet For Vegetarians?
The following benefits of Indian keto diet plan are worth your time. Read through the guide for more details.
1) Indian Keto Diet For High Cholesterol Problem
Keto diet foods are best sources of consuming good fat that’s HDL that can help in reducing high cholesterol. HDL molecules bind with deposited cholesterol, that’s bad cholesterol, and takes it to the liver for purification. Thus, this ketogenic diet is good for people with high cholesterol.
2) Indian Vegetarian Ketogenic Diet For Type-2 Diabetic Patients
Keto diet India is healthy for people with insulin resistance. Since the keto diet is low in carbohydrates but high in fat, it reduces blood sugar as well as high insulin level. However, you must consult your doctor about a suitable ketone diet to avoid any complication with the ongoing medications.
3) Ketone Diet For High Blood Pressure Problem
Ketone diet contains low carbs that help in reducing deposited cholesterol from the arteries. This reduces high blood pressure and also the risk of heart attack. Besides, ketogenic diet India is also good for people with epilepsy. Many scholars and researchers have found that keto diet India can reduce the frequency of seizures in children by 50%. In other words, a keto diet is one of the best ways to control high blood pressure.
4) Ketone Diet For High Metabolic Rate
Ketone diet increases the body’s metabolism. And this is the elemental reason that it helps in weight reduction. Ketone diet can easily reduce abdominal fat and thigh fat without bringing down the muscle mass. Furthermore, low-carb keto diet is also good for people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson disease.
This is our complete guide on Keto Diet India. Do let us know if you enjoyed our veg keto diet plan for weight loss and what are your favorite ketogenic diet Indian vegetarian recipes. We will be happy to answer all your questions about the keto diet and weight reduction.