Vomiting brings along the uncanny feeling of being sick, even if it happens just once and isn’t continuous. Sometimes, even vomiting sensation can make you feel sick. Whilst there can be many major and minor reasons that can lead to vomiting sensation, you cannot count on just hydrating yourself without taking some sort of a medicine for vomiting. Though you should always consult a doctor in case of continuous vomiting, even home remedies for vomiting can serve the purpose in the long run. Which is why we have made a list of some 5 Wonderful Home Remedies for Vomiting that will surely help you. But before proceeding with the vomiting home remedies, you must learn a little about the causes of vomiting.
Causes of Vomiting
It’s not like vomiting is a life-threatening situation, but if left unattended, it can lead to a lot of troubles. You must, therefore, have a knowledge about what are the most common causes of vomiting.
- Hangovers – Excessive alcohol leads to hangovers that result in nausea and vomiting.
- Pregnancy – Pregnancy is one of the major vomiting sensation reasons.
- Motion Sickness – This is one of the most common causes of vomiting.
- Indigestion – Anything that causes indigestion will lead to stomach pain and vomiting.
- Food Poisoning – Food poisoning causes nausea and vomiting. It can also lead to diarrhea.
- Periods – However rare, but vomiting during periods do affect some women.
The above-listed reasons are the most common causes of vomiting. However, sometimes vomiting can also be an attribute of serious health conditions like tumors, cancer, and stomach ulcers. This is why you should be particularly more attentive in the case of blood vomitings.
Now that you know what leads to vomiting and vomiting sensations, you must learn about some highly useful home remedies to get rid of vomiting sensation and vomiting.
5 Wonderful and Effective Home Remedies for Vomiting
Sometimes you might experience vomiting sensation but no vomit. This is more frustrating since the sensation can last throughout the day. The most common causes of vomiting sensation include pregnancy, acidity, periods, gastroparesis, stress, and medicines. Thus, we have made a list of some useful home remedies for vomiting and vomiting sensations that will certainly help you.
Lemonade For The Feeling Of Vomiting After Eating
Lemonade is a wonderful home remedy to avoid the feel of vomiting after eating. In fact, it is also a wonderful home remedy for hangover vomiting.
How To Stop Vomiting With Lemonade?
It is very simple to make a lemonade syrup to stop vomiting and cure stomach pain and vomiting sensation.
- Simply squeeze fresh lemon juice in a glass of hot water
- Add 1 tsp honey and ½ tsp saunf powder to the glass
- Mix well and drink while the lemonade drink is still warm
Vitamin C in Lemon works as an antioxidant that kills the toxins released due to overeating. Saunf powder neutralizes acidity and honey calms down inflammation. Therefore, lemonade is also one of the most useful home remedies for pregnancy vomiting.
Ginger tea For Treating Vomiting Sensation At Home
Ginger tea is one of the best home remedies for vomiting. It also curbs vomiting sensation and stomach inflammation. Besides, it is very simple to make ginger tea syrup to cure nausea and vomiting in no time.
How to Stop Vomiting With Ginger Tea?
- Take a ginger flak and cut it in small pieces
- You can also grind the ginger flak in a mixer
- Keep some water in a pan on sim flame
- Once warm, add the ginger pieces or crushed ginger in the pan
- Let the mixture heat on flame till it starts boiling
- Filter the ginger tea. You can also add lemon for taste
- Drink once or twice a day before eating
Ginger contains gingerol that is an active antioxidant. It curbs vomiting sensation and offers relief from vomiting tendency in the long run. On the other hand, honey soothes inflamed stomach walls and reduces pain caused by vomiting. All in all, ginger tea is one of the most powerful natural remedies for vomiting.
Fennel Tea And Cloves for Headache And Vomiting Feeling
Fennel tea is one of the best home remedies for curing headache and vomiting feeling. When mixed with cloves, it can also cure throat pain after vomiting.
How To Stop Vomiting With Fennel Tea and Cloves?
- Take some fennel leaves and rinse them with water
- Add those leaves in water and let it reach the boiling point
- Turn off the flame and cover the pan with a lid
- Open the lid and filter the leaves from the water after 30
- Add crushed cloves in fennel tea and stir well
- Heat for 5-10 minutes and drink it 2-3 times every day
Fennel leaves are highly nutritious and they contain Vitamin C in large amounts. Vitamin C curbs vomiting sensation. Cloves, on the other hand, have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. This reduces throat pain and soreness.
Baking Soda For Stomach Pain And Vomiting
Baking soda is an alkaline solution that works as a powerful syrup to stop vomiting. You can drink it right after vomiting as well as once or twice a day after eating. Needless to say, it is also one of the best home remedies for vomiting due to overeating.
How To Stop Vomiting and Stomach Pain With Baking Soda?
- Take about 1 cup of water in a pan and heat it
- Add 1 tsp baking soda to the water and stir well
- You can also add a few drops of honey and lemon to the solution
- Drink 2-3 times a day for long-term relief
Baking soda calms down inflamed stomach muscles. It also balances the acidic level of the upset stomach, preventing vomiting. Honey is a strong antibacterial agent that flushes bugs, bacteria, and other pathogens out of the body. In fact, since it’s one of the safest home remedies for vomiting, it can also be used to cure vomiting in children.
Also read, Ten Best Ways to Use Baking Soda For Skin
Activated Charcoal For Stomach Pain and Vomiting
Activated charcoal is a proven and tested medicine for vomiting. It is capable of absorbing all kinds of stomach bugs and bacteria that cause vomiting in adults. You can simply take 1 capsule of activated charcoal in the evening with ginger tea or mineral water to reduce stomach pain and vomiting sensation, both. However, you shouldn’t be using it without the approval of a doctor if you’re pregnant or a lactating mother.
Tips on How to Stop Vomiting Quickly
Other than the home remedies for vomiting that have been discussed above, you can also follow the quick tips listed below in order to get instant relief.
- Take a handkerchief and pour some, say 5-6 few drops, lemongrass oil and peppermint oil in it. Keep smelling the solution throughout the day for continuous relief from vomiting sensation.
- Take a long and calming deep breath while dragging as much air in your lungs as possible. Keep doing it as many time a day as you want.
- Replace sugar with honey in your diet and cut down on junk consumption since it leads to acidity and stomach upset.
With this, we come to an end to our informative guide on home remedies for vomiting. Do let us know in the comment section which remedy worked the trick for you.