The need to lose weight gets magnified only in those embarrassing situations when you are not able to get into those clothes that once fitted you to a T or when someone asks you to keep a check on the number of cheesecakes you gobble in at a party. Almost 70% of the people in our country are battling against the stubborn body fat, and therefore, you are not alone! Now that people are succumbing to artificial means of weight reduction, it is important for us to realize that with patience and determination, it is possible to reduce weight at home with Yoga. So, pull up your socks and start off with simple and effective yoga postures.
Things you need:
Yoga is a cost-efficient way to get toned up, because all you need is a Yoga mat and some space in your house. So, there is no harm in giving it a try. These postures are fun to do and are also beneficial for you to attain the perfect shape you’ve always dreamt of!
Kapalbhati Pranayama posture invigorates your abdominal muscles and helps you to improve your body tone.
- Sit on the floor, fold your legs and keep your spine straight. Let your eyes remain closed. Remember to place your right palm on the right knee and left palm on the left knee.
- Once you fix on to this posture, take a deep breath and exhale through your nose. Your stomach should be in a concave position when you inhale.
- Inhale effortlessly and don’t strain yourself. Repeat this for five minutes at a slower pace, as practicing this vigorously will leave you gasping and panting for breath. The speed of practice should be limited to medium. Isn’t this simple? Give it a try!
- Lie flat on the floor facing the ground. Make sure your feet falls flat against the ground. You will have to rest your whole body upside down.
- Inhale slowly and lift the torso from the waist in an upward direction, move away from the floor and arch your spine backward. Make sure your hips remain on the floor.
- Raise your head, facing the ceiling and hold the posture as long as you can hold your inhaled breath or from 1-3 minutes.
- Exhale and return to the position#1. Repeat it for 3-5 times. This posture might be hard to perform in the beginning, but with practice you will be able to do it!
- Kneel on the floor and sit on your heels with legs close to each other.
- Bend forward until your chest comes in contact with your thighs. Hinge further, so that your head touches the floor. Exhale slowly, as the torso touches the thighs.
- Place your hands next to your feet with the palm facing upward.
- Inhale and slowly straighten your torso to get back to the initial posture.
- Sit on the mat with your legs stretched.
- Use your hands and pull out both the knees with your thighs tight and toes pointing out.
- Try to raise both your legs to a 45-degree angle.
- Take a deep breath as you lift your legs. Try not to bend your knees.
- Now straighten up your spine. Your body will form a V shape with your legs lifted to 45 degrees.
- Exhale when you return to the original position.
Cobra pose, Child pose and Boat pose helps in scooping out the belly fat greatly. It burns the undesirable cholesterol deposited in the belly and enhances the shape of your body.
Yoga, which is an age-old remedy to reduce weight is highly effective, provided you make it a routine and perform these asanas on a daily basis. Don’t perceive weight loss workouts as burdens. Try to make it a fun activity and practice it with your friends who are also trying to sweat off some pounds. Yoga can get you out of the shell by shaping your body so that you can flaunt those sleeveless party wears with much ease!