Jeera, also known as cumin can be used in a number of ways to reduce weight. In fact, there are plenty of ways to incorporate this wonderful weight loss ingredient in your daily diet. However, nothing beats the swiftness and effectiveness of jeera water for weight loss. Many researchers have established the ground rule that jeera water can suppress problems like constipation, poor metabolism, and obesity to aid weight loss. But before taking you through the detailed guide on how to use Jeera Water For Weight Loss and its benefits for health, we would like to give you an idea about what is jeera water and how is it made.
What Is Jeera Water And How Is It Made?
Jeera water is a simple tonic that can be made at home, by the process of osmosis, when you soak jeera seeds in water overnight. When in water, jeera has the tendency to swell up, and in return, it pushes out all its nutrients – vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, and copper – and releases them in water. Nutrients give jeera water a mustard yellow color and you should consume this natural jeera solution empty stomach for a month to reduce weight as well as stubborn belly fat.
How To Make Jeera Water?
By now, it’s quite evident that there’s nothing safer than jeera for weight loss when used in moderation. The reason we say that is simple – jeera reduces weight by resolving prominent body problems ranging from improper digestion to poor metabolism and LDL deposition. And to relish all the benefits of jeera, you need to learn how to make jeera water for weight loss. So, if you’re wondering about how to make jeera water, then we have the recipes. And we will begin with the simplest one given below.
- Add 1 tsp of jeera seeds in 1 glass of distilled water. Remember to not store the water in a plastic glass. Instead, use stainless steel or a copper utensil
- Let the jeera seeds soak in water overnight
- Filter the mustard colored jeera water in the morning and boil it
- Consume 1 glass of jeera water every morning – best when consumed with honey, empty stomach
5 Health Benefits Of Jeera Water That You Should Be Aware Of
Jeera benefits are an attribute to the abundance of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and dietary fibers that aid metabolism and blast fat molecules for weight reduction. However, there are many other benefits of jeera water that are too good to be ignored. Thus, read through our list, given below, to find out more about the jeera benefits for health.
- Jeera Benefits For Acidity – The benefit of jeera water for acidity is an effective cure for heartburn. Jeera contains sodium and magnesium and these minerals can alkalize acid in the stomach for reducing heartburn
- Jeera Water For Stress – Did you know that jeera powder can trigger the secretion of stress relieving enzymes in the body? As a result, jeera water is beneficial for people suffering from sleep disorders like insomnia by reducing the stress level
- Jeera Water For Cancer – Adding jeera in your daily diet can reduce the risk of cancer manifolds. This is because, jeera contains antioxidants that can tackle free radicals – cancer-causing agents – and can kill them
- Jeera Water To Reduce Body Heat – Jeera water is a safe remedy that helps in reducing body heat to a great extent. As a result of which jeera water saves the body from problems like seasonal flu and dehydration
- Jeera Water For A Glowing Skin – Jeera water improves blood circulation. Better blood circulation means a higher supply of oxygen and nutrients to all the cells. It keeps the body cells plump. As a result, jeera water consumption helps in removing blemishes and reduces pigmentation too. Lastly, since jeera is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, it kills acne-causing bacteria as well
Top 5 Ways In Which Jeera Water Helps In Weight Reduction??
Now that you know what is jeera water and its health benefits, it will be interesting to explore the different jeera benefits that actually help in weight reduction. Read through to find out about the best ways in which jeera helps in weight reduction.
1. Low-Calorie Consumption – To be precise, 100 grams of jeera has 375 calories. So, when consuming jeera water made by overnight osmosis of 1 tsp jeera seeds, you’re practically consuming no more than 7 calories. Besides, jeera water kick starts the process of fat reduction upon consumption. Therefore, it’s all a win-win situation
2. Cholesterol Reduction – Bad cholesterol, LDL, has the tendency of sticking in the arteries and veins. But jeera water is a scientifically proven remedy that melts fat layers from the arteries as well as the stomach. In other words, jeera helps in fat and cholesterol reduction from the entire body, giving you a slimmer waistline
3. Boosting Metabolism – Low body metabolism is an issue that’s common in all obese people. When the body doesn’t have the capability to breakdown the food consumed, the food starts getting deposited as fat in the adipose tissues. But jeera water, that’s a strong anti-inflammatory agent, increases the metabolic rate that helps in weight management
4. Removing Free Radicals – Free radicals play a significant role in oxidative damage as well as in the accumulation of toxins that leads to obesity. And weight management is one of the primary benefits of jeera water. Needless to say, jeera water easily flushes out all the free radicals from the body. This detoxification procedure is one of the strongest jeera water benefits that help in significant weight loss when consumed for a month
5. Improving Digestion – Improving digestion is one of the best benefits of jeera water that makes it a versatile candidate for overall health improvement. Improper digestion leads to gastric issues and constipation that can make the body system toxic. It leads to fat deposition. Since jeera contains antioxidants and vitamins like vitamin C that help in strengthening the digestive system, body weight reduces automatically
5 Amazing Recipes Of Jeera Water For Weight Loss
Not everyone finds it easy to consume plain jeera water empty stomach. So, we have racked 5 tempting and delicious jeera water recipes below that you must try.
1. Lime And Black Jeera Weight Loss Recipe
You will need the following ingredients to make this jeera water for weight loss recipe.
- Black jeera seeds
- Distilled water
- Lime juice
Steps On How To Make The Lime And Black Jeera Weight Loss Recipe
- Take 1 tsp of jeera seeds and soak them in 1 cup distilled water overnight
- Filter the jeera water from the residue and mix ? tsp of fresh lime juice in it
- Drink it empty stomach every morning for 15 days to a slimmer waistline
Why Does It Work?
Black jeera is rich in sodium, potassium, vitamin C, dietary fibers, vitamin B-6, and magnesium. All these nutrients, when combined with the antioxidants from lime (ascorbic acid), lead to quick cholesterol reduction and a significant weight loss. Which is why this jeera water for weight loss recipe is recommended for heart patients and type 2 diabetes patients.??
2. Cinnamon And Jeera Water Recipe For Weight Loss
You will need the following ingredients in the same ratio as listed below to make this jeera water for weight loss recipe.
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- 1 cup of water
- ? tsp cinnamon powder
- ? tsp honey (optional)
- ? tsp Lime juice (optional)
Steps To Make Cinnamon And Jeera Water Recipe For Weight Loss
- Soak 1 tsp jeera seeds in 1 cup water overnight
- Filter jeera water from jeera seeds in the morning
- Add cinnamon, honey, and lime juice in the jeera water solution in the specified ratio and mix well
- Drink daily for weight loss in a fortnight
Why Does It Work?
This solution is one of the best ways to relish jeera water benefits. Jeera, as we already know, flushes out toxins and increases the body’s metabolic rate to reduce weight. On the other hand, cinnamon, simultaneously, reduces the stress level and aids weight loss by further fat reduction. Also, this jeera water for weight loss recipe helps in reducing heartburn.
3. Methi, Ajwain, And Kala Jeera Recipe For Weight Management
Methi ajwain kala jeera benefits for health are scientifically proven. This jeera water recipe made with the combination of methi ajwain kala jeera is a perfect combination to make a wonderful beverage for enhancing metabolism and weight loss.
Ingredients You Need:
- Methi seeds – 1 tsp
- Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Ajwain Seeds – ? tsp
- Honey – ? tsp
Steps To Make Methi Ajwain Kala Jeera Recipe For Weight Reduction
- Mix all the seeds in 2 cups of water in a pan
- Heat the water in the pan till it reaches the boiling point
- Filter the water from the seeds
- Let it cool down and add ? tsp of honey in the solution
- Drink it empty stomach in the morning and 1 hour after dinner to get rid of belly fat in 15 days
Why Does It Work?
Jeera water improves the metabolic rate of the body, ajwain improves digestion, and methi targets free radicals. The combined result of this jeera water recipe is quick weight reduction.??
4. Ginger And Jeera Water For Weight Loss
This jeera water for weight loss recipe is specifically suitable for heart patients. You’ll need the following ingredients to make it.
- Ginger powder – ? tsp
- Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Distilled water – 1 glass
Steps To Make The Ginger And Jeera Water For Weight Loss Recipe
- Soak jeera seeds in water overnight
- Add ? tsp of ginger powder in the same solution and heat it
- Filter the residue and drink once every morning for 15 days to reduce weight
Why Does It Work?
Ginger contains gingerols that can fend off free radicals and melt deposited fat from the body including the arteries and veins. Jeera reduces cholesterol level and increases the metabolic rate to aid digestion. The overall result is fast weight reduction with 2 weeks.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar And Jeera Benefits For Weight Loss
This jeera water for weight loss recipe is quite popular when it comes to weight management during obesity and diabetes. You’ll need the following few ingredients to make this jeera water recipe.
- Distilled water
- Apple cider vinegar
Steps To Make ACV And Jeera Water Recipe For Weight Loss
- Add 2 tsp of black jeera seeds in 1 cup of distilled water
- Filter the jeera water from the residue in the morning
- Add ? tsp of diluted apple cider vinegar, ? tsp of turmeric, and ? tsp of honey in 1 cup jeera water that you just filtered
- Mix the ingredients well and consume every morning for 15 days to reduce BMI (body mass index)
Why Does It Work?
Curcumin in turmeric, ascorbic acid in jeera, and acetic acid in vinegar are powerful antioxidants that do not just kill free radicals, but also detoxify the body, melt fat layers, and increase insulin resistance. Which is why this jeera water recipe for weight loss is beneficial for heart patients too. Lastly, honey is anti-inflammatory. Thus, it helps in preventing inflammation-induced obesity when consumed with jeera water.
How To Incorporate Jeera In Your Daily Diet For Better Immunity And Weight Management?
Now that you know how to use jeera for weight loss, it’s time we give you some additional tips on how to include jeera in your daily diet for weight management.
- Yogurt And Jeera – You can mix jeera powder in yogurt and eat it daily for lunch to reduce acidity and promote digestion
- Jeera As A Seasoning – You can use jeera powder as a seasoning in a salad for timely detoxification of the body
- Jeera And Lentils – Roasted jeera tastes heavenly with lentils. It can increase insulin resistance and reduce cholesterol
How To Prepare Yogurt And Jeera Salad For Weight Loss?
Yogurt and jeera salad is the best option you have to reduce weight safely. In fact, it is one of the best salads that find a place in a keto diet plan for weight reduction. It’s very simple to make the yogurt and jeera salad. You’ll need the following ingredients.
- Jeera powder
- Lime juice
Follow the steps given below to make the yogurt and Jeera salad for weight loss.
- Cut cucumber and tomatoes in the shape of small cubes
- Cut thin and round slices of avocado and onions
- Take 1 cup of chilled yogurt in a bowl and mix it with ?? tsp of jeera powder, a pinch of salt, and ? tsp of lime juice
- Now add the vegetables in the yogurt bowl and mix them well
3 Tips On How To Use Jeera For Weight loss Properly
Jeera benefits can turn to ash if used in the wrong manner. Thus, keep the following tips on what to do and what not to do in mind so that jeera doesn’t end up losing its nutrients before you can consume it.
- Do not overcook the jeera seeds. When burnt, they lose all effective nutrients. Also, you can use jeera oil to make salads for weight loss
- It’s best to soak jeera seeds in water overnight to make jeera water for weight loss because it gives the seeds enough time to transfer all their nutrition in the water
- Use only a stainless steel or copper glass to soak jeera water. Plastic can cause contamination. Also, it’s a good idea to keep the glass covered
7 Must Know Jeera Water Side Effects For Safe Consumption
It is necessary to consume jeera timely and mannerly in order to avoid side effects caused due to overconsumption. Therefore, you must seek the advice of a dietician to help fix the proper dosage of jeera water that you need – it will depend upon your weight, age, height, gender, and health condition. When over consumed, jeera water can cause some surprising side-effects that are listed below.
- Excessive consumption of jeera water may lead to diarrhea that’s one of the most common jeera water side effects
- Jeera water, when consumed in excess, can also cause heartburn instead of curing it. The best way to avoid this side effect is by consuming jeera powder with yogurt
- Heavy menstrual flow is yet another very common jeera water side effects in women. It may also upset the menstrual cycle. Thus, if you’re someone struggling with hormonal issues, it?s best that you consult a doctor before consuming jeera water for weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting are the most surprising jeera water side effects. If you experience them despite taking the solution in moderation, add lime juice to it
- As good as it is during pregnancy, you should be very careful to not over consume it while breastfeeding your child. This is because jeera can reduce milk formation when taken in excess
- Some of the serious jeera water side effects include liver damage, kidney damage, and low blood sugar. However, it is very unlikely to be hit this hard with jeera water. It is because such troubles can occur only if the solution is consumed in excess continuously for 3 or more months without any medical assistance
- Jeera water may lead to intestinal inflammation that may upset your stomach. This may also lead to gastric troubles, bloating, and belching with a notorious odor
On a closing note, as long as you do not overdose on jeera water in the greed to accelerate the process of weight loss, you’ll be surprised with the results. And with this, we have come to an end to our guide on the benefits of Jeera Water For Weight Loss. You can also drop your queries and feedbacks in the comment section given at the end of the guide.