Lymph nodes in body are a prominent part of the immune system and there are thousands of them running through the circulatory system. Whilst neck lymph nodes are the most common types, they are also present in abundance under the armpits and chest. They are preserved by the body and connected by the lymph glands to filter and remove germs and microbes during an infection. In fact, fungal, bacterial, and viral infections are the most common causes of swollen lymph glands. However, there are many other reasons that lead to the over-activation of Lymph Nodes In Neck. And some of them can be life-threatening too. If you too are experiencing the problems related to enlarged lymph nodes, you should read through our guide on some of the best home remedies for swollen lymph nodes and swollen lymph glands.
Most Common Symptoms Of Over-Activated Lymph Nodes In Neck
Some symptoms that may be a result of diseases caused due to swollen lymph glands are listed below.
- Shallow breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing food and even fluids
- Sudden weight loss and fatigue
- High fever that remains unresponsive to medicines
- Night sweating and shivering
- Throat inflammation and skin rashes
Most Common Causes Of Lymph Nodes Swelling
Lymph nodes are present in the lymph glands in the body naturally by birth. When they start growing and become bigger than ½ an inch that they are considered to be a problem. The most common causes of swollen lymph nodes in neck and body are listed below.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Increased uric acid in the joints
- HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases
Also read, 8 Effective Home Remedies For Uric Acid
11 Home Remedies To Cure Lymph Nodes In Body
Lymph nodes are present in the lymph glands in different regions of the body, mostly neck, armpits, belly, and chest. And infection happens according to the area. For example, lymph nodes of neck indicate infection in the neck region and swollen lymph nodes in the belly indicate stomach or chest infection, and so on. Whilst they are mostly harmless, you still need to visit a doctor for a complete checkup to rule out the chances of cancer. The few symptoms that are the primary indications of cancer include the following.
- Swollen lymph nodes under armpits not accompanied by inflammation or pain are the earliest signs of cancer
- Lymph nodes swelling on a specific region accompanied by inflammation and pain that runs throughout the body in different areas indicate that cancer might have started spreading
1) Apple Cider Vinegar For Lymph Node Enlargement Treatment
The normal number of lymph nodes in lymph glands is 20-40. When the body starts producing lymph nodes more than the normal limit, it leads to swollen lymph glands that require treatment. You can use apple cider vinegar to cure neck lymph nodes for immediate effect.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Swollen Lymph Nodes In Neck?
You can take 1 tsp apple cider vinegar twice every day as a throat tonic to cure swollen lymph nodes in the neck. However, you can prepare different solutions, listed below, for a long lasting relief from inflammation caused by swollen lymph nodes.
- Mix ACV and honey in equal proportions and drink 2 tsp of it every day
- Add 1 tsp of ACV, 1 tsp of honey, and 1 tsp of ginger juice in 1 glass of warm water. Drink every night before sleeping to reduce swelling in lymph nodes in neck.
Why Does it Work?
There aren’t many ingredients that can match the anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits of apple cider vinegar. And honey and ACV boost body’s efficiency to cure infections and offer a permanent solution for swollen neck lymph nodes.
2) Oregano To Treat Neck Lymph Nodes
Oregano is a clinically tested herb that can be used to treat swollen lymph nodes under jaw other than treating enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. There are a number of ways in which you can use it and we have listed the best 2 ways of doing so.
Oregano Tea For Lymph Nodes In Neck
You will need oregano spice, water, honey, and lemon to make oregano tea for reducing swelling in neck lymph nodes.
- Heat some water in a pan on sim flame
- Add ½ tsp of oregano spice in the water and let it boil
- Filter the tea in a cup and add a few drops of honey and lemon for taste
- Drink 3 to 4 times a week for immediate relief
Oregano Edible Oil For Lymph Glands Swelling
You can buy edible oregano oil from the market and use it as cooking oil. If you can’t find it, you can follow the simple guide we have given below to make your own oregano oil.
- Take 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and add ½ tsp dry oregano spice in it
- Stir the mixture for 2-5 minutes
- Use it as cooking oil to cure swollen lymph nodes within a month
3) Peppermint Oil For Treating Lymph Nodes In Body
Peppermint oil is one of the best antispasmodic analgesic oil that can easily reduce swelling and pain in lymph nodes in the body. Simply massage the oil directly on top of the nodes for 15-20 minutes regularly for a week to see visible changes. Peppermint oil massage will increase blood circulation that will further increase the process of flushing toxins and germs out of the body, curing swollen lymph glands. People who suffer from superficial rashes over lymph bumps can mix castor oil and peppermint oil in equal proportions to get faster relief from lymph nodes pain.
4) Turmeric For Swollen Lymph Nodes Treatment
You can use turmeric in 2 ways – topical and oral – to treat swollen lymph nodes under chin and on the neck.
How To Control Lymph Node Swelling With Turmeric Powder?
Mix ½ tsp of turmeric powder with ½ tsp warm green tea and a few drops of castor oil. Apply the mixture on swollen lymph nodes and let it stay for 15 minutes before wiping it with moist cotton. Repeat 2 times a day for relief from lymph nodes pain in a week’s time.
How To Treat Tender Lymph Nodes With Turmeric tea?
Follow the steps given below to make turmeric tea for the treatment of lymph nodes in neck.
- Take water in a pan and heat it
- Add ¼ tsp of turmeric powder in it and let it boil
- Let it get warm and add honey for taste and drink it fresh
Why Does It Work?
Turmeric and honey, both can kill infection-causing microbes and clean the circulatory system till it’s free from toxins that weaken the immune system.
5) Garlic For The Treatment Of Enlarged Lymph Nodes
Garlic is yet another rare ingredient that can be used to treat enlarged lymph nodes topically as well as orally. Follow the guide below for more information.
How To Use Garlic As A Topical Cream To Reduce Swelling Of Lymph Nodes
- Take a few flakes of garlic in a mortar and crush them properly
- Add a few drops of coconut oil in the garlic paste and mix well
- Apply it on the surface of swollen lymph nodes
- Use twice a week to reduce pain in tender lymph nodes
How To Use Garlic For Soothing Irritated Lymph Glands
- Place few flakes of garlic and 3-5 cloves in a mortar and ground them to make a fine paste
- Keep the paste in a teaspoon half filled with honey
- Mix them and swallow with warm water
- Take it once every day for 15 days to get relief from swollen lymph nodes in neck
Why Does It Work?
Garlic strengthens the circulatory system; thereby, removing harmful microbes to reduce swelling of lymph nodes in neck. And cloves, on the other hand, have anti-inflammatory benefits that reduce irritation and pain.
6) Coconut Oil For Lymph Nodes In Body
Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E that is one of the major vitamins responsible for treating swollen lymph nodes in the armpits. You can drink coconut water to strengthen the weak immune system of the body. You can use coconut oil as cooking oil for daily consumption for long-term relief from pain caused by swelling of lymph nodes. Lastly, you can also use coconut oil as a massage oil by mixing it with peppermint oil to cure inflammation caused by swollen lymph glands.
Also read, 13 Best Hair Growth Oils
7) Citrus Fruits For Swollen Lymph Glands
Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C that is also known as ascorbic acid. And ascorbic acid is a powerful agent that helps people suffering from arthritis. In other words, citrus fruits not just offer relief from lymph nodes pain, they also offer relief from the symptoms of lymph nodes in neck for a speedy recovery. Besides, citrus fruits exhibit analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties and are also capable antimicrobial agents. Therefore, they keep the lymph glands safe from all kinds of infections and shield them from the ill-effects of swollen lymph nodes in body. Some of the best citrus fruits that are beneficial to treat the symptoms of swollen lymph nodes are given below.
8) Herbal Teas For Swollen Lymph Nodes
Herbal teas are the best ways to enrich the body with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents that can keep the immune system strong. Some of the best herbal teas to treat lymph nodes in body are listed below.
Green Tea For Lymph Nodes In Neck
You can use green tea in the following two ways to treat lymph nodes in neck.
- Refrigerate used tea bags for 30 minutes and apply to the affected areas to get rid of pain, inflammation, and swelling
You can make a cup of green tea and drink it daily to get rid of lymph nodes pain.
- You can dip tea bags in hot water for 2 minutes to make green tea
- You can also use loose green tea and mix it with honey and consume it at least 4 times a week
Ginseng Tea For Swollen Lymph Glands
Ginseng contains gintonin and ginsenosides that are known to increase the body’s immunity manifolds. As a result of a strong immune system, the body can protect itself better against infections that are the primary reasons behind swollen lymph glands. Follow the steps given below to make ginseng tea for the treatment of lymph nodes pain.
- Apply honey on 5-6 slices of clean ginseng roots and keep them in a deep pan for 20 minutes
- Add boiling water in the pan with ginseng roots and cover it with a lid for 10 minutes
- Filter the tea from roots. You can also add a few drops of lemon for taste
- Drink 4 times in a week for curing lymph nodes in neck
3 Alternate Remedies To Cure Lymph Nodes In Neck
The treatment of enlarged lymph glands is very important if you want to exempt from the trouble of acute and chronic lymph nodes pain that intensifies due to ignorance. Other than visiting a doctor and taking substitute analgesics and antibiotics to reduce pain and inflammation of lymph glands, you can follow the following tips that will offer long-term relief from the side-effects of lymph nodes in neck.
9) Hot And Cold Water Compress For The Treatment Of Lymph Nodes
Pressing an ice pack or a hot water bottle against the affected areas offer instant relief by cutting down the sensation of pain. It also relaxes the muscles and triggers circulation that helps in flushing out toxins responsible for the weakening of white blood cells.
10) Lemonade For The Treatment Of Lymph Nodes Swelling
Lemonade is enriched with the goodness of vitamin C that is extremely useful while dealing with chronic lymph nodes in body. You can add honey and ginger juice in the lemonade drink when you make it at home. Honey fends of infection causing microbes and ginger juice kills toxins that are the major culprits behind the mass destruction of the immune cells.
11) Massage For The Reduction Of Swelling Of Lymph Nodes
A simple hot oil massage can help in lymph nodes pain reduction. You must visit a spa twice a month or use a combination of different essential oils, with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, for in-house massage. It’s best to use a mixture of rosemary oil and peppermint oil for the treatment of lymph nodes in neck.
This is our complete guide on everything you should know about Lymph Nodes In Neck. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding the home remedies for swollen lymph nodes we have listed, do leave your queries in the comment section and we will resolve them for you.