What’s an Indian curry that lacks curry leaves? The most popular seasoning ingredient in the Indian and Sri Lanka kitchen – curry leaves, kadi patta or karuvepillai. The pleasant aroma and taste that curry leaves impart to the dish is a treat for the senses. Along with the taste strings along the plentiful amazing benefits of curry leaves. Here we have for you 13 Curry Leaves Benefits For Hair Growth, Health, and Skin.
The curry tree is a small plant or tree of 4-6 meters in height and thrives in tropical and sub-tropical temperatures. The leaves of the curry tree are?used in the cooking of various dishes. They have a sweeter taste and are loaded with several health and beauty benefits. Dried and powdered curry leaves, curry leaves oil, curry leaves paste, fresh curry leaves, etc- are the various forms that this hero finds a way into the usage methods. No matter how you prefer to consume curry leaves or use them externally, they are never a disappointment!
Curry Leaves Health Benefits:
- The benefits of Kadi patta are enormous as you get a load of carbohydrates, phosphorous, iron, copper, minerals, fiber, calcium, Vitamins A, B, C and E, that boost the body’s immune system and facilitate smooth functioning of all organs.
- It can be said that one of the primary health benefits of curry leaves is that they are efficient warriors. They contain the following properties; anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antidiabetic, anticarcinogenic, antioxidant, hepatoprotective (guards liver against damage).
- Curry leaves help in regulating cholesterol levels. The rich supply of antioxidants in kadi patta helps to lower the amount of LDL or bad cholesterol and increase the amount of HDL or good cholesterol. Regulated cholesterol levels mean better protection from heart diseases and atherosclerosis.
- Diabetic patients can find relief by including curry leaves in the diet. Insulin activity in the body can be kept in check by regular administration of kadi patta.
- Anti-carcinogenic properties of curry leaves come from a certain extract called carbazole alkaloids. The phenols in curry leaves help to fight cancer, such as; leukaemia, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer.
- Kadi patta also helps to protect the chromosomes and bone marrow against the ill effects or side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Cancer patients who under these treatments can use curry leaves regularly and make use of its beneficial free radicals.
- Anaemia can be dealt with by using curry leaves. Its iron and folic acid content help better absorption of iron by the body, which is an essential process to fight anaemia.
- Curry leaves aid weight loss by regulating the body’s metabolic activity.
- Indigestion, gastrointestinal disorder, and diarrhoea can be treated immediately by making use of kadi patta’s mild laxative properties.
- Curry leaves are used to fight against liver cirrhosis and hepatitis. The carbazole alkaloids and tannins in offer protection against liver damage.
- Curry leaves are also used to treat night blindness owing to its Vitamin A content, thus it’s better to include them in the diet for better eyesight.
Curry Leaves for Hair:
- Kadi patta for hair benefits or curry leaves for hair includes; preventing premature greying, fighting fungal infections like dandruff, bringing life to limp and dry hair and preventing hair fall.
Curry Leaves for Skin:
- Kadi patta is also used to treat acne and skin infections due to its antibacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties.
Natural Curry Leaves Remedies:
Curry leaves for anaemia:
Consume 1 date with 2 curry leaves every morning to fight against anaemia. You can also soak a handful of fresh curry leaves and 1 teaspoon of methi seeds in 1 or 1 1/2 cup of fresh yoghurt. Consume this every day to increase haemoglobin count in blood.
Curry leaves for diarrhoea:
Kadi Patta medicinal uses: 1 glass of buttermilk with crushed curry leaves is an effective remedy to treat diarrhoea.
Curry leaves for indigestion:
Fry some cumin seeds in ghee. To this, add curry leaves, 1 cup of water, 1/2 teaspoon of dry ginger powder. Allow this mixture to boil slightly, strain and cool it. Add some honey to this and consume for relief from indigestion.
Curry leaves for diabetes:
Fresh or raw curry leaves consumed every day can help to regulate blood sugar levels.
Curry leaves for hair growth:
Making curry leaves oil for hair is simple. Add the juice of a bunch of curry leaves to 100 ml of coconut oil. Heat the oil until it turns blackish in colour. Use this oil on scalp and hair to treat hair fall, dandruff and to accelerate hair growth. Using curry leaves for hair growth has been lilttle known to fail!
Curry leaves hair pack for dandruff:
Grind fresh and tender curry leaves. Make it into a smooth paste by adding some boiled milk. Apply this paste on scalp and hair once a week to treat dandruff and other hair related problems.
Curry leaves for face:
Sundry curry leaves and grind them to get fine curry leaves or kadi patta powder. To make your own kadi patta face pack, take some of this powder, multani mitti, little rose water and any essential oil (all ingredients in required amounts to cover face and neck). Blend them into a smooth paste and use this pack to prevents and treat acne, to brighten skin instantly and to treat fine lines and wrinkles.
Kadi patta or curry leaves is a lesser used boon. Hope you liked our list of 13 Curry Leaves Benefits for Health, Hair,?and?Skin. Try each one of the mentioned curry leaves home remedies to find a natural cure for the ailments. Spread the word and remember not to ignore these miracle leaves!