Holidays, beach vacations, and fun day-outs are supposed to be exciting prospects, but they come at the cost of sun tan on a beautifully lit sunny day. And believe us when we say this, sunscreens alone cannot work as a sun tan removal solution. In fact, sunscreens are made to protect your skin from UV exposure and not the heat. So, if you’ve already caught the sun and are trying to find out ways on How To Remove Sun Tan, you’ve just found the correct platform. Cruise through our list of 8 substantial home remedies for sun tan removal to get the glow you lost in the safest way possible.
8 Effective Home Remedies For Sun Tan Removal
Before you can explore the guide on how to get rid of sun tan, understand, that it’s not just the face that requires after-care, hands and legs are equally affected. Thus, the list below is a compilation of home remedies to remove sun tan from hands and legs alongside the face and neck.
1. Tomato And Yogurt Scrubber For Sun Tan Removal From Face And Neck
This is one of the best sun tan removal home remedies to remove tanning from the face and neck within a week. The progress will, however, depend upon the extent of sun tan and your skin type.
How To Remove Sun Tan Quickly From Face With Yogurt And Tomato?
The requirement is simple – follow the instructions and apply the homemade sun tan removal scrubber that we have listed below.
What You’ll Need:
- Baking Soda
Steps To Make A Sun Tan Remover Scrub with Tomato And Yogurt At Home
- Peel the skin of a tomato and grind the pulp in a mixer to make a puree
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and 1 tsp of yogurt in a bowl
- Add a pinch of turmeric and ½ tsp of baking soda in the bowl and mix all the 4 ingredients
- Refrigerate the sun tan remover scrub for 30 minutes
- Wash your face with aloe vera based face wash and apply the scrub on the wet face itself
- Start massaging the face with the scrub and continue for 5-7 minutes to remove sun tan quickly
- Leave it on for 10 more minutes and then wash with cold water
- Use twice regularly to get rid of sun tan from face fast
Why Does It Work?
This sun tan removal home remedy is effective because tomato is rich in ascorbic acid that works as a natural bleach. Turmeric is a whitening agent alongside being an antiseptic and antibacterial agent. Yogurt contains lactic acid that’s again a strong natural bleach capable of reducing sun tan. And last, baking soda is an exfoliator that makes sun tan removal easier.
Do not use this sun tan removal remedy if:
- You have a severely sunburnt skin
- Your skin has become dry and flaky due to sun exposure
- If you have a sensitive skin
Besides, avoid using this sun tan remover around the eyes.
Also read, 10 Best Body Scrubs To Rejuvenate Your Skin
2. Turmeric And Gram Flour To Remove Sun Tan From Face
This home remedy for sun tan removal is safe for all skin types, including dry skin and sensitive skin. Besides, it also helps in reducing skin inflammation alongside removing sun tan.
How To Remove Sun Tan From Face Safely With A Turmeric And Gram Flour Paste?
All that you need to remove sun tan at the comfort of your home are the ingredients given below.
- Gram flour
Steps To Make A Sun Tan Remover Mask For Quick Relief
- Take 1 tsp of gram flour and ½ tsp of turmeric in a bowl
- Add 1 tsp of honey, ½ tsp of glycerin, and 1 tsp of rose water in the bowl and mix all the ingredients to form a semi-liquid sun tan remover
- You can also add extra ingredients like aloe vera gel or shea butter if you have received sunburns on the face and not just sun tan
- Now wash your face with ice water and pat it dry. Do not rub the skin while drying
- Apply the sun tan removal paste and let it rest for 20-25 minutes on normal skin and not more than 10 minutes if the skin is sunburnt, dry, and flaky
- Apply cold water on top of the paste and start massaging it
- Wash with cold water and cover the face with a hydrating aloe vera moisturizer
- Use for a week to get rid of sun tan completely
Why Does It Work?
This sun tan removal paste is a mixture of many anti-inflammatory and bleaching agents. Gram flour is an excellent exfoliator that is gentle and does not irritate sun the damaged skin. Turmeric and honey work as a strong bleach to remove sun tan while calming down inflammation. Glycerin and rose water are moisturizing and hydrating agents that reduce the side effects of sun tan like itching and dryness.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda To Remove Sun Tan Quickly
This is one excellent home remedy to get rid of severe sun tan quickly. In fact, if you’re trying to find out ways on how to remove sun tan from hands and legs, this is the best remedy that you could have asked for.
How To Remove Sun Tan From Hands And Legs With Vinegar Solution
You need the following ingredients to make this sun tan removal solution for overnight results.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Distilled water
Steps On How To Make Sun Tan Remover Solution With Vinegar
- Mix 4 tbsp of vinegar with 4 tsp of distilled water in a bowl
- Add ½ tsp of baking soda in it when making the solution to remove sun tan from hands and legs and ½ tsp of honey when making the solution to remove sun tan from face
- Use a cotton call to apply the sun tan remover solution on the affected areas
- Leave it on for 25-30 minutes
- Wash with tap water till the itching subsides
- Use twice every day for fast results
Why Does It Work?
This home remedy is quite effective to remove sun tan from hands and legs from the first application itself. You can expect complete sun tan removal within a week if you have a severe sun tan, otherwise, the tanning fades away in 3-4 days. Vinegar and baking soda are both strong bleaching agents. Thus, their solution is considered to be the best remedy to remove sun tan from face overnight. And honey is a cooling and calming agent that also subsides inflammation and infection.
Do not use this sun tan remover in the following conditions
- Discontinue if there’s irritation that lasts for more than 1 hour
- Do not use it to remove sun tan from sensitive or sunburnt skin
- Do not apply it around your eyes when using for sun tan removal from face
Also read, Ten Best Ways To Use Baking Soda For Skin
4. Oatmeal And Buttermilk To Remove Sun Tan From Hands
If you’ve been finding out ways on how to remove sun tan from hands, the oatmeal and buttermilk paste is one perfect sun tan removal home remedy that can help you. Besides, this hydrating sun tan removal home remedy is good for itchy and dry sun tanned skin.
How To Remove Sun Tan From Hands With Buttermilk and Oatmeal?
The procedure is simple and you’ll have to follow the below-listed steps for sun tan removal from hands.
- Take water in a bowl and add 1 tsp of oatmeal in it
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and then grind the solution in a mixer as in
- Add 1 tsp of buttermilk in the semi-liquid oats paste
- You can also add ½ tsp of honey and ½ tsp of glycerin to the paste if the sun tanned areas have become super-itchy and dry
- Apply generously on the tanned arms and let it rest for at least 15 minutes
- Wash with tap water and moisturize it immediately
- Use 2 times a day to get rid of sun tan from arms within a week
Why Does It Work?
Buttermilk is a skin calming and super hydrating bleach that removes pigmentation; thereby a wonderful home remedy to remove sun tan from hands. Oatmeal, on the other hand, is a nourishing and cleansing agent that calms down heated skin and reduces sun tan from the upper layer of the skin effectively.
Also read, Simple Natural Home Remedies For Fair Skin
5. Potato Juice And Lemon Juice To Get Rid Of Sun Tan From Hands And Legs
If you’ve been struggling to find out effective home remedies on how to remove sun tan from hands and legs or how to remove sun tan from face overnight, this is the home remedy that you must try.
How To Remove Sun Tan From Hands And Legs With The Potato And Lemon Solution?
This is one of the simplest, yet strongest sun tan removal home remedies for instant relief. Follow the steps below to get rid of sun tan from hand and legs, and even face.
- Take 1 raw potato. Peel it and grind its pieces in a mixer with some distilled water
- Separate the juice from the residue and mix 2 tbsp of potato juice with 2 tsp of lemon juice
- You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder and ½ tsp of honey to the solution if you’re going to use this sun tan removal remedy on face
Why Does It Work?
It’s a known fact that lemon has ascorbic acid that’s one of the strongest natural bleach. Thus, it is an effective sun tan remover. Potato juice, on the other hand, is a hydrating agent and a mild bleach that increases the sun tan removing capacity of lemon.
Also read, 8 Wonderful Benefits Of Lemon For Your face
5 Best Sun Tan Removal Tips For Quick Results
The following tips are actually home remedies to remove sun tan from hands and legs that are sunburnt too.
6. Strawberries And Papaya To Remove Sun Tan From Hands
This is mild bleaching and skin hydrating home remedy to remove sun tan from arms while not irritating the sunburnt skin.
How To Remove Sun Tan From Hands Within A Week?
There’s nothing better than papaya and strawberries when it comes to the aftercare of sunburnt and sun tanned skin. Follow the steps listed below to make a strong sun tan removal paste to get rid of tanning on hands fast.
- Take 3-4 juicy strawberries and grind them
- Take 3-5 slices of ripe papaya and grind them too
- Now mix the strawberry paste and papaya paste in equal proportions and refrigerator the mixture for 30 minutes
- Apply on your hands and legs directly over the sun tanned areas
- Wash with tap water after 15 minutes
- You can use it 2 times/day for a week to remove sun tan completely
Why Does It Work?
Strawberries are acidic and so is papaya. They contain AHA that’s a very strong bleach. However, these fruits also contain skin nourishing vitamins like Vitamin E that can reduce pain and inflammation other than removing just sun tan. Which is why this solution is a safe home remedy for sun tan removal from sun burnt skin
Also read, 13 Simple Papaya Face Packs For Amazing Skin
7. Pineapple And Honey For Sun Tan Removal From Hands And Legs
This home remedy is the perfect solution for every person looking for simple ways on how to remove sun tan from hands and legs and how to remove sun tan from face in a day.
How To Remove Sun Tan With Pineapple And Honey Paste?
This is one of the easiest home remedies for sun tan removal from the entire body including hands, legs, face, neck, and back. You’ll need the following ingredients to make this sun tan remover paste at home.
- Pineapple slices
- Milk cream
Now, follow the step by step list given below to make your own customized sun tan removal cream at home.
- Cut some pineapple slices and grind them in a mixer
- Filter about 1 tbsp of pineapple juice in a bowl and add ½ tsp of honey, a pinch of turmeric, and ½ tsp of milk cream in the bowl and mix well
- Avoid milk cream if your skin is oily and add rosemary oil instead
- Apply on the affected skin areas and wash with tap water after 15 minutes
- You can use this sun tan removal solution up to 3-4 times in a day depending upon how severe is the sun tan
Why Does It Work?
This sun tan removal home remedy is one of the safest ways to remove sun tan from face, hands, and legs. Pineapple is rich in Bromelain enzyme that kills sun induced free radicals. It makes this sun tan removal home remedy an anti-aging remedy too. And milk cream contains lactic acid that is a gentle bleach for sun tan removal. Turmeric and honey are antiseptic and antibacterial fairness agents that help in getting rid of sun tan quickly.
8. Cucumber Juice And Sandalwood Powder To Remove Sun Tan Instantly
Thinking hard about the instant ways on how to remove sun tan from hands and legs that have developed sunburns too? Well, this is the sun tan home remedy that will surely help you, especially if your skin is sensitive.
How To Get Rid Of Sun Tan With A Home Made Sun Tan Remover Made With Cucumber Juice?
This is a simple remedy to make a powerful sun tan remover with the help of the following kitchen ingredients.
- Cucumber slices
- Sandalwood powder
- Coconut water
Follow the steps given below to get instant relief from sun tan and sunburns.
- Grind a few cucumber slices in a mixer and filter the juice
- Mix 1 tbsp of cucumber juice in a bowl with ½ tsp of sandalwood powder, ½ tsp of buttermilk, and ½ tsp of coconut water to form a liquid solution for sun tan removal
- Apply the solution on hands, legs, and face to treat sun tan
- Use as many times a day as you want depending upon the severity of sun tan
Why Does It Work?
Cucumber is a cooling agent that offers relief from pain, itching, and inflammation. Sandalwood powder is a depigmentation agent that removes sun tan easily. This sun tan removal home remedy is further blessed with buttermilk that’s a bleaching agent and coconut water that’s hydrating. And the overall result is a damage-free skin, devoid of sun tan and itching.
Frequently Asked Questions
The given list is a compilation of most asked questions that we have tried our best to answer sincerely.
Question 1: How To Remove Sun Tan From Face Overnight?
Answer 1: Scrub lemon juice to remove sun tan from face if the skin is not sensitive or dry. Replace it with oranges for sun tan removal from sensitive and inflamed skin.
Question 2: How To Get Rid Of Side Effects Of Sun Tan Without Irritating The Skin
Answer 2: If your skin has developed sunburns alongside sun tan, use aloe vera gel for a few days before starting with additional sun tan removal home remedies. You can also use coconut oil on the affected areas to calm down inflammation and pain.
Question 3: How To Reduce Sun Tan From The First Application?
Answer 3: The 2 best kitchen ingredients that help in sun tan removal quickly are baking soda and vinegar. But if your skin is burnt, dry, and itchy, use milk cream and honey for 3-4 days before using vinegar or baking soda to get rid of sun tan in a week
This is our complete guide on How To Remove Sun Tan effectively from the entire body. Do drop your queries about any sun tan removal method in the comment section and we’ll be happy to help.