Ugly black spots on face are real deal breakers that take a lot away from your skin, no matter what complexion you have. And as easily as they occur, removal of dark spots is not an easy task. Thus, to help you through, we have found 10 Amazing Home Remedies for Dark Spots that will surely make your skin flawless and radiant.
But before you absorb the benefits of the natural remedies for dark spots removal listed by us, it is of more importance to know what causes black marks on the skin. This simple information will be helpful in preventing the formation of black marks on the skin.
Causes of Black Spots on Skin
- It is easy to blame acne. But as surprising as it may sound – acne marks become prominent when you squeeze a pimple with your fingernails. It results in scarring that leads to the formation of adamant dark spots on face.
- Sun exposure is the second culprit that vouches for the formation of black and brown spots on face. These brown spots are also called as age spots and sun spots.
- Peeling dry skin patches or digging your nails to subside itching can lead to permanent scarring that results in the formation of dark spots on face.
- Using chemical based products and applying cheap cosmetics on the face is yet another common habit that scars the face.
The above-listed reasons are primary scarring culprits that when avoided delay skin aging as well.
How to Remove Black Spots on Face?
Now let’s move you to 10 Home Remedies on How to Remove Black Spots.
1) Turmeric for Black Spots on Face
Ever wondered why turmeric is a major ingredient used in almost all skin lightening face packs? Well, it is because turmeric is a natural bleaching agent that has antiseptic properties as well. Before you learn how to use turmeric for acne and dark acne marks, you must know its benefits for skin.
Benefits of Turmeric for Skin
- Turmeric is very effective against skin scarring caused by acne.
- It not just removes acne spots from the face, it also stops active acne breakout by killing acne-causing bacteria.
- It targets to remove black spots on face and also reduces skin pigmentation.
- It makes the skin lighter by 2 shades.
Turmeric Face Mask to Lighten Skin
Turmeric, when used with correct ingredients, is a powerful dark spot remover agent. All you need is honey, milk, rose water and lime to make a turmeric face pack for skin lightening.
How to make?
- Take ¼ tsp wild turmeric powder in a bowl and add ½ tsp skimmed milk to it.
- Add ¼ tsp honey and a few drops of fresh lime to the mixture and beat well to form turmeric ubtan.
- Add rose water to dilute the turmeric and honey face pack to get the desired consistency.
- Apply once every day for a month to completely get rid of dark spots.
Turmeric and lime bleach black spots and make the skin fairer. Milk, rosewater and honey hydrate dry skin cells and reduce inflammation.
Do not add lime to turmeric and honey face pack if your skin is chapped and sensitive. Lime will be most beneficial for oily skin, but it can further irritate chapped skin with painful cracks.
2) Aloe Vera for Dark Spots
Aloe vera is packed with two skin enhancing natural enzymes, Auxin and Gibberellin. Both these enzymes are powerful anti-inflammatory agents that can kill all kinds of bacteria, and reverse the effect of sun damage from the skin – making it flawless and spot free.
You need fresh aloe vera gel, honey, milk and sandalwood powder to make aloe vera face pack for dark spots removal.
How to make?
- Scoop about 2 tsp fresh aloe vera gel from a fresh aloe stem.
- Add ½ tsp honey, ½ tsp sandalwood powder and 2 tbsp milk to aloe gel and grind the mixture.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate it for an hour.
- Apply on cleaned face for 30 minutes before washing it with tap water.
- Apply twice a day for 15 days for best results.
Aloe vera, milk and honey will kill bacteria, bleach dark spots, and hydrate sun damaged skin cells. Sandalwood powder will lighten the skin tone by 1 shade.
- You can add a few drops of almond oil to the mixture if your skin is too dry.
- Use without refrigerating if you feel that your skin gets a little tighter each time after you wash off the mask.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 hours before and after applying aloe vera face mask.
3) Papaya face pack for dark spots removal
Papaya contains a natural bleaching enzyme, papain that is an antiseptic as well. It not just reduces dark spots, but it also stops current acne breakouts and prevents acne from coming back.
What you need in order to make a skin whitening papaya face pack at home are fresh papaya pulp, potato juice, and apple cider vinegar.
How to make?
- Place about 1 tbsp mashed papaya pulp in a bowl.
- Add ½ tsp potato juice and 5-6 drops of undiluted apple cider vinegar to the bowl and mix all ingredients well.
- Clean your face and apply evenly. Do not apply it close to your eyes and cracked lip corners.
- Wash with tap water after 10 minutes.
- Use every alternate day for best results.
Collective enzymes in apple cider vinegar and papaya attack dark spots and control extra oil formation. Potato juice works as a cleansing agent and removes brown spots from the face.
- Discontinue adding apple cider vinegar in papaya face pack if your skin feels itchy.
- Apply every day if your skin is too scarred and pigmented.
- Avoid using it in extreme winter conditions. If you do, minus apple cider vinegar and add almond oil and coconut oil in its place.
4) Besan face pack for dark spots removal
Using besan for skin whitening is an age-old remedy because besan can remove tanning, dead skin cells and kill acne-causing bacteria. It also brings oil formation under control that stops recurring acne breakouts.
Besan face pack for dry skin
- Mix 1 tsp besan with ½ tsp buttermilk, few drops of almond oil and ½ tsp honey.
- Apply the paste once every day for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water while massaging the paste.
- Immediately apply a moisturizing serum.
Besan face pack for oily skin
- Mix ½ tsp besan with ½ tsp curd. Add about ½ tsp tomato puree to the mixture, and beat well to make a fine paste.
- Apply twice every day for 20 minutes on dark skin and 10 minutes on fair skin before washing it off with tap water.
5) Fuller’s Earth for black dots on the face
Fuller’s Earth is an excellent remedy to remove dark spots from oily skin when mixed with lemon juice, chapped and peeling skin when mixed with Shea butter, and dry skin when mixed with milk cream and curd.
Fuller’s earth face pack for oily skin
You can use Fuller’s earth – Multani mitti – for skin whitening.
- Mix 1 tsp Fuller’s earth with 1 tsp rose water and ½ tsp lime water and make a paste.
- Apply on your face for 15 minutes twice a day and wash with cold water.
- Use twice a day for a month to get visibly fair, flawless and spot free skin.
Fuller’s Earth face pack for dry skin
- Mix ½ tsp Fuller’s earth with ½ tsp milk cream and ½ tsp curd to make a paste.
- Apply once on your face for 10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
Add molten Shea butter to the above mixture to make a suitable face pack for the sensitive and chapped skin.
6) Neem for deep black spots
Sometimes the dark spots are so deep that superficial applications might not be enough. It is quite wise to use neem for deep black spots because it can contains skin repairing enzymes that remove extra oil, kill acne-causing bacteria, remove tanning, hydrate dry skin cells and reduce inflammation.
How to make?
- Clean few fresh neem leaves and keep them in a mixer.
- Add ½ tap water, few drops of raw milk, ½ tsp curd and a pinch of turmeric in the mixer and grind well.
- Apply the neem face pack thrice a day for 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
You can also:
- Boil neem leaves in water for about 30 minutes.
- Filter water and leaves.
- Add few drops of honey to the water and apply on dry skin for 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Crush the boiled neem leaves in a mortar and apply the mixture on face immediately after washing your face from the step above.
7) Oats for acne marks
Oatmeal is highly recommended in cases of acne marks and sunspots because it is loaded with skin-repairing vitamins like Vitamin B1 and B6.
How to make?
- Boil steel cut oats and grind them in a mixer to form a thick paste.
- Add few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric to the oatmeal paste. Mix all ingredients.
- Apply on clean and wet face for 30 minutes.
- Wash with cold water if your skin is oily and lukewarm water if your skin is dry.
- Apply once every day for a month for best results.
Alternate Tips on How to Get Rid of Back Spots from Face
8) Apply sunscreen
9) Do the basics right
Irrespective of the fact that you follow home remedies to get rid of black dots on the face, it is still important to clean, moisturize and tone your face each day.
10) Use a salicylic acid face wash
Salicylic acid is an acne troubleshooting agent. It works on a deeper level and flushes out toxins that not just stops an acne breakout, but also reduces dark spots over a period of time.
The above listed 10 Home Remedies on How to Remove Black Spots are some of the best ways to lighten and whiten your skin without causing any further damage.
Do let us know in the comments section which remedy worked the best for you.