Flax seeds- the tiny speck of miracle that has been making rounds in the health department lately. Flax seeds are small but mighty in the health and beauty benefits that the offer; this is what we are about to discover in this article.
Flax seeds for hair are good, healthy, and comes with a lot of potential to cure several hair problems. Want to know more on flax seeds benefits for hair? Read on…
Hair growth by flax seeds
If you want to grow your tresses longer, you will need some extra dose of nourishment. You can fall back on flax seeds for hair growth. These are pumped up with Vitamin E supplements. It is no news that Vitamin E is an excellent source to maintain healthy hair and skin. Vitamin E contains antioxidants that prevent hair damage and heal already existing damage. Blood capillaries are strengthened.
Flax seeds condition your hair
The result of damage-free hair is smooth and silky hair. As the flax seeds begin working on hair damage, you will soon notice that your hair is well conditioned and free from frizz and dryness. Moisture will be bound to your hair shaft, preventing the subsequent dryness, split ends, and breakage.
Nourish hair and scalp
Nourished hair is hair filled with life. The biggest source of nourishment is Omega-3-fatty acids. Flax seeds are a rich vegetable source of ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid) or Omega-3-fatty acids. These essential fats are important to keep hair and skin nourished. Your hair will be shinier, smoother, and softer. You will also have a scalp that is free from skin disorders like eczema, dry scalp, flaking, dandruff, etc. To have healthy scalp and hair, you now know where to turn to.
Flax seeds maintain pH balance of the scalp
The antioxidants and vitamins in flax seeds also help to maintain the pH balance of the scalp. This inturn offers the protection that your scalp needs against infections in the scalp.
Thicker hair with flax seeds
Lignans are fiber-rich compounds that prevent hair loss and hair thinning. The natural ageing process, menopause, and other hormonal imbalances that cause hair loss and hair thinning can be tackled with regular consumption of flax seeds.
How to consume flax seeds?
- Buy a small quantity of good quality flax seeds (50 to 100 grams) from any store
- Dry roast them for a few minutes without letting them burn
- Allow it to cool down with air exposure
- Consume a spoonful of flaxseeds once or twice a day.
- You can add them to any edible item if you aren?t a fan of eating them directly.
- Remember too much of anything isn?t good. Flax seeds contain cyanogens, a chemical compound that can induce neurotoxic effects when consumed in large quanities. This is important to bear in mind when you go overboard with flax seeds.
If you are allergic to flax seeds you should discontinue immediately and control the allergic reaction. ?Side effects of an allergic reaction to flax seeds will include shortness of breath, rashes, itching, or a sudden outbreak of acne.
How to use Flax Seeds for hair?
You can use flax seeds topically as well apart form adding them to your diet.
- Take adequate quantity of flax seed oil and warm it lightly.
- Massage in into hair and scalp and let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- The warm oil will penetrate into your scalp and nourish the blood capillaries to boost hair growth.
Also read 13 Best Hair Growth Oils
Flax seeds hair pack
You can simply ground flax seeds to powder and use it with olive oil, curd, aloe vera gel, or any other favorite ingredient of yours that plays a crucial role in hair care. Flax seeds will improve the potency of the hair pack and help to keep your hair thick, strong, and filled with life from root to tip.
Have you tried flax seeds before or what are the other benefits of flax seeds that you are aware of? Comment below and share with us your experience with this tiny wonder.