Onion is a lesser know but impactful kitchen ingredient for hair growth. Which is why, it is medically suggested to use onion for baldness.
To begin with, keeping hair healthy and strong in today’s world is nothing short of a herculean task. The best way to deal with the situation is using onion juice for hair regrowth.
But before we wisk you through 9 simple ways of using onion for hair growth, we would like to give you an acquaintance with the benefits of onion for hair growth.
Benefits of Onion for hair
- It is wise to use onion for hair fall control, because it is punched with sulfur compounds and quercetin. Both these enzymes are scientifically proven solutions that make brittle hair stronger.
- People use onion for hair thickness, because it is rich in biotin and Vitamin C- both are vital vitamins that produce new hair follicles, making hair thick.
And now that you have learnt the benefits of onion for hair, brace yourself to explore our guide of 9 wonderful ways of using onion for hairfall control.
Onion Juice for Hair
The below listed 5 home remedies to use onion juice for hair growth can also reduce hair fall.
1) Onion juice, curd and almond oil for hair
This recipe is one of the best onion treatment for hair growth.
How to use onion juice for hair loss?
- Grind one onion in a mixer.
- Place onion water in a bowl.
- Add about 1 tsp fresh curd and 3-4 drops of almond oil in the bowl and beat the mixture well.
- Use a cotton ball or a hair colouring brush to apply the solution directly on your scalp. Cover all hair strands from roots to tips.
- Wear the onion hair tonic for half an hour.
- Gently shampoo your hair and wash with tap water. Apply conditioner and a hair serum soon after.
- Use twice a week.
2) Onion juice and coconut oil for hair growth
If you’re always wondering can onion regrow hair? Then this recipe will surely give you an answer within a month.
How to make?
- Grind one small onion in a mixer.
- After grinding, separate its juice and mix it with 5-6 drops of coconut oil.
- You can additionally add ½ tsp henna powder and ½ tsp lemon juice to the solution to make onion paste for hair.
- Apply evenly on hair from roots to tips.
- Wash with tap water after an hour.
- Use it every alternate night and shampoo your hair in the morning.
Coconut oil will calm down the scalp inflammation. Onion juice will promote hair growth by multiplying the number hair follicles.
3) Onion juice and milk for hair
This onion remedy for hair growth is though underrated, but powerful enough to cure baldness naturally.
How to make and use onion juice for hair fall?
- Simply mix onion juice and fat free milk in equal proportions and refrigerate them.
- Gently massage the solution on your scalp and tresses for 15 minutes, and leave it on for next 20 minutes.
- It works best when used twice a week at night.
- Simply rinse your hair with tap water. Do not use a shampoo immediately after headwash.
- Use a leave-in conditioner for an hour and wash with tap water. Shampoo your hair next morning.
Milk has lactic acid that kills bacteria and balances scalp pH. And onion juice makes hair thicker by easily detangling hair locks, without breaking them.
4) Onion juice, olive oil and brown eggs for hair loss
This is a multipurpose onion therapy for hair because it makes hair stronger, thicker and shinier, and reduces split ends, frizz and dandruff.
How to use onion juice for baldness?
- Mix 1 tsp onion water with 5-6 drops of olive oil.
- Add ½ tsp whole brown egg to the mixture above, and beat till it forms a paste.
- Apply from roots to tips, twice a week, for an hour.
- Wash with tap water. You may use a mild soap-free shampoo to wash your hair if you find the odour too pungent.
Protein in brown eggs makes keratin stronger. This reduces hair breakage and split ends. Onion juice removes baldness by producing new hair follicles. Olive oil nourishes the scalp and hair roots with the moisturising power of Vitamin E.
5) Onion juice, rose water and ginger juice for hair thickness
This recipe is the best way of using onion juice for hair thickness. What you’ll need is, onion juice, ginger juice and rose water.
How to make?
- Mix onion juice, ginger juice and rose water in equal proportions.
- Refrigerate till the solution gets chilled.
- Apply the chilled onion juice tonic evenly from roots to tips with a cotton ball or hair dye brush.
- Leave for 30 minutes, and apply every alternate night.
Onion juice and ginger juice make a powerful combination of best antioxidants. They remove all scalp irritating toxins, dandruff and bacteria. Naturally, new hair strands shoot up in no time, leading to hair growth.
Onion for hair loss
Onion is a wonderful remedy to stop hair loss. Find out how.
6) Onion paste and green tea for hair loss
Hair loss is different from hairfall. While hairfall leads to hair thinning, hair loss leads to baldness.
How to use onion juice for hair loss?
- Mix onion juice and green tea in equal proportions and keep the solution in refrigerator.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution and press the wet ball against your scalp. Try and cover as much scalp as humanly possible.
- Use a hair colouring brush to stroke the solution down from roots to tips.
- Wear it for half an hour thrice a week.
- Use baby shampoo -rich in Vitamin E – and wash with tap water.
Green tea removes free radicals, sebum and dandruff. And onion activated collagen, leading the formation of new hair follicles to cure baldness.
You can mix half teaspoon fenugreek seeds powder to this solution to make onion paste for white hair.
In fact, you can mix some fat free milk, almond oil and clove oil to the solution. It makes a wonderful remedy to use onion juice for white hair treatment.
7) Red onion for hair growth
Before we proceed and find out how to use red onion for hair growth, let’s find out what it is.
Red onion is also known as sweet onion. It is rich in sodium, protein and Vitamin C. Which is why, red onion is a wonderful ingredient to promote hair regrowth to cure baldness.
How to use?
You can make red onion paste for hair with simple ingredients like turmeric, henna and rose water.
Adding a pinch of turmeric to red onion juice works well against dandruff and promotes hair growth.
- Mix ½ tsp turmeric powder with 1 tbsp red onion juice,1 tsp rose water and 1 tsp henna.
- You can additionally add lime juice to dilute the mixture for a semi liquid consistency.
- Apply the red onion hair pack on hair from roots to tips. Wear the onion hair paste for 30 minutes.
- Wash with tap water till tingling subsides.
- Use three times a week.
8) Onion and honey for hair
Onion and honey for hair growth is a remedy in use since ancient times, because it makes hair thick and cure baldness.
How to make?
- Mix 1 tsp amla oil with 1 tbsp grinded onion and ½ tsp honey. Dilute with water to form paste.
- Apply thoroughly on your hair roots and strands till tips. Wash it off with tap water after an hour.
- Apply three times a week for best results.
9) Small onion for hair
Small onion or shallot onion is an onion variety from South India. It is loaded with extra shot of Vitamin K, B1, B2 and B5. These vitamins are antioxidants that promote hair growth.
Find out how to use small onion for hair growth down below.
- Grind one small onion with honey and a pinch of turmeric to make onion paste. Mix 1 tbsp potato juice to the paste.
- Refrigerate the paste for 30-40 minutes.
- Add 5-6 drops of peppermint oil and ½ tsp rose water to the paste right before application.
- Use baby shampoo, and rinse with tap water.
- Use it thrice a week.
Frequently asked questions
Question 1- How to use onion juice on scalp everyday for fast hair growth?
Answer- Onion juice everyday tonic can be made by mixing ¼ tsp camphor powder and a pinch of turmeric powder with 1 tbsp onion juice.
Question 2- How to use onion juice on scalp overnight for reducing hairfall?
Answer 2- Mix lime juice and red onion juice in equal proportions. This solution will start reducing hairfall from the first use itself.
Question 3- What foods are best for hair growth and thickness?
Answer 3- Every food rich in keratin, amino acids and iron is good for hair growth and thickness. Focus on spinach, eggs, nuts and fish.
Question 4- Can onion regrow hair overnight?
Answer 4- When mixed with right ingredients like lime, eggs and turmeric, onion can increase the formation of new hair follicles from the first use itself.
Question 5- Can onion juice regrow hair on bald patches?
Answer 5- Yes, onione juice can regrow hair on bald patches when used regularly as described in the remedies we have listed above.
Question 6- Is onion good for hair growth?
Answer 6- Onion contains various sulfur compounds, vitamins and enzymes like quercetin. All these ingredients help in reducing baldness, hair fall and dandruff. Which is why, onion is good for hair.
Question 7- What does onion water do to hair?
Answer 7- Using onion water for hair is a wonderful remedy to reduce hair loss.
This is our complete guide on how onions can transform your hair. Let us know which remedy helped you the most in the comments section down below.