Fungal infection is not as uncommon as you might think. Many people suffer from a fungal infection on skin and thighs without even knowing it at times. The most common fungal skin infections include athlete’s foot, jock itch, and ringworm. You must visit a doctor when suffering from a skin fungal infection. However, a proper Fungal Infection Home Remedy can do wonders too. Thus, we have made a list of 11 effective antifungal home remedies that offer relief from itching and inflammation.
11 Most Effective Fungal Infection Home Remedies
Ringworm fungal infection caused by Fungus Tinea is actually the most common type. The reason that it’s so prevalent is that it’s quite contagious. And if you have a weak immune system, you’ll always be at a higher risk of catching fungal infections than most. Keeping this and a lot of other factors in mind, we have come up with a safe list of 11 home remedies for fungal infections that will help you even if you’re someone who suffers from the problem of recurrent infections.
1) Garlic For Fungal Infection On Skin
Garlic is an ancient remedy that has been used for skin fungal infection treatment by our ancestors for centuries now. It is medically tested against yeast infection and has been found to stop the culture and growth of fungus Candida.
How To Cure Fungal Infection With Garlic?
You can easily make a herbal antifungal cream at home with garlic, coconut oil, and cloves. This homemade antifungal cream works more powerfully when used for 2 continuous weeks.
Steps To Make Antifungal Cream With Garlic At Home
- Grind 5-7 cloves in a mixer
- Crush 7-8 garlic flakes to make a fine paste
- Add ? tsp garlic paste, ? tsp clove powder, and 5-6 drops of coconut oil in a bowl and mix well
- Apply the paste directly on top of the infected surface after properly cleaning it with soap
- Wash away with tap water in 10 minutes. Use 2 times a day for fast relief
Why Does This Work?
Garlic is bundled with allicin that is a very strong sulfur compound. It can treat fungal infection on skin in 2 weeks. On the other hand, cloves are rich in Eugenol that fights against inflammation. Lastly, coconut oil pampers the skin with vitamin E and calms down irritation and itching too.
Caution: Discontinue using this fungal infection home remedy if you experience unbearable burning sensation even long after washing it off. Apply ice on the affected area to suppress burning and cover it with aloe vera gel immediately. Consult your doctor if followed by a stinging sensation and redness that does not go away within 24 hours.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar For Infection On Thigh
Apple cider vinegar makes a wonderful fungal infection home remedy that kills fungus Candida from the neck, thighs, and hands. It can also be used to cure athlete’s foot syndrome.
How To Cure Fungal Infection Between Thighs With Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar works as a medicine for fungal infection because it makes conditions un-favorable for fungi growth. Besides, its acidic nature is helpful for people who suffer from the problem of recurrent skin fungal infection.
Steps To Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Cure Fungal Infection Between Legs
- Clean the affected area with a disinfecting soap
- Dab a hard cotton ball in undiluted apple cider vinegar and apply it directly over the infected part of the skin
- Wash off after 10 minutes and use 2-3 times every day for a month to completely get rid of fungal infection on skin
Why Does This Work?
Apple cider vinegar is loaded with pantothenic acid, ascorbic acid, and phosphorus. Ascorbic acid cleanses the infected skin surface, pantothenic acid hampers the growth of fungus, and phosphorous keeps the area disinfected for long.
Caution: It is necessary to massage the affected area with almond oil/coconut oil before using apple cider vinegar if you have sensitive skin. You must also ice the area afterward to suppress excessive stinging.
3) Grapefruit For Fungal Infection On Face
You have to be extra careful while dealing with a fungal infection on face. Even grapefruit seed extract is recommended in the cases of mild infection. In case the infection has started spreading, you must consult a doctor for a suitable medicine for fungal infection without delay. Also, you can use grapefruit seed extract as a fungal infection home remedy alongside the doctor?s treatment for a speedy recovery.??
How To Get Rid Of Fungal Infection On Face With Grapefruit Seed Extract?
Grapefruit seed is a fungal infection home remedy that works best in close association with glycerin and honey. All these ingredients together can be used to make a powerful herbal antifungal cream that can stunt the growth of fungus Candida Albicans.
Steps To Use Grapefruit Seed Extract To Cure Fungal Infection On Face
- Mix ? tsp grapefruit seed extract with ? tsp glycerin and 3-5 drops of honey
- Clean your face with a salicylic acid face wash
- Apply the paste on the affected area and wash after 15 minutes
- Use twice a day for a fortnight to see visible results
Why Does It Work?
Grapefruit seeds are rich in ascorbic acid, sterols, and limonoids that are strong antifungal agents. Besides, honey is known for its antimicrobial properties and glycerin can calm down and hydrate inflamed and dry skin cells. Thus, this fungal infection home remedy is safe even when used all over the face.
4) Turmeric For Fungal Infection On Face
Everyone knows that turmeric is a fairness agent that reduces pigmentation. But, it is also a strong fungal infection home remedy that is safe even for people with sensitive skin. Besides, it is a rare ayurvedic medicine for fungal infection on skin that is a preventive remedy and not just a cure for fungal infection.
How To Treat Fungal Infection At Home With Turmeric?
You can drink turmeric tea or turmeric milk in order to prevent fungal infection in the first hand. If you have already caught a fungal infection on face, you should make turmeric ubtan to cure the infection in a way that it doesn’t happen again.
- Turmeric powder
- Neem Oil
- Coconut Oil
Steps To Make And Use Turmeric Ubtan For Treating Fungal Infection On Face
- Place 1 tsp of turmeric powder in a bowl
- Add 3-4 drops of coconut oil and neem oil and ? tsp of honey in the bowl and mix all the ingredients
- Once you have washed your face with an antifungal face wash, apply the ubtan on the entire face
- Wash after 10 minutes and use once every day for a month to get rid of fungal infection on face
Why Does This Work?
Curcumin is the magical antimicrobial agent in turmeric that has been clinically proven to prevent the growth of ringworm infection. When combined with the anti-inflammatory and antifungal force from honey and neem oil, the face becomes free of germs. Also, coconut oil keeps rupturing the cells of fungus, giving turmeric, honey, and neem oil a better reach to kill the overgrown fungus.
5) Licorice Powder For Fungal Infection On Skin
Licorice powder can be used as a fungal infection home remedy to get rid of ringworm infection from arms, neck, and thighs in a week. However, it is most effective in cases of a mild fungal infection. For severe spreading fungus, you should consult a doctor before using anything.? ??
How To Cure Fungal Infection On Skin Naturally With Licorice?
The process is simple enough. All you need is some licorice powder and distilled water to make an antifungal paste that starts showing results from the first week itself.
Steps To Use Licorice Powder To Cure Skin Fungal Infection
- Mix 3-4 tbsp of licorice powder in 1 cup water and stir well
- Add the solution into a pan and boil it
- Let it cook till the water is evaporated
- Let the residual paste left behind cool down
- Apply on ringworm patches all over the body and wash with tap water after 10 minutes
- Use twice every day for a week for best results
Why Does This Work?
Licorice is an antimicrobial agent. It effectively disinfects the skin by removing all harmful microbes, including fungus. Also, since it has skin calming and anti-inflammatory properties, it works faster than many other home remedies for fungal infection.
6) Tea Tree Oil For Fungal Infection On Back
Fungal infection on back is accompanied by a lot of itching, redness, and swelling. In fact, it’s quite possible to develop itchy fungus skin rashes all over the back. And using tea tree oil in such severe cases is the best cure for fungal infection.
How To Treat Fungal Infection From Skin With Tea Tree Oil?
What you need to get rid of fungal infection on back is a mixture of tea tree oil, lavender oil, and coconut. Mix 7-8 drops of tea tree oil with 8-10 drops of lavender oil, and ? tsp of coconut oil. Massage the back with the oil solution thrice a day for a fortnight to completely get rid of fungal infection on back.
Why Does It Work?
Essential oils are not just moisturizing agents, they have other properties too. Tea tree oil, for example, contains terpineol that is an intense antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory agent. It instantly cures athlete?s foot as well as fungus from the toes and nails. Coconut oil, on the other hand, kills fungus cells within a fortnight and guards the skin against further fungal growth. And lavender oil keeps the skin’s cells hydrated and reduces itching and flakiness.
Also read, Wonderful Tea Tree Oil Benefits For Hair
7) Yogurt For Fungal Infection On Scalp
Yogurt is one of the best fungal infection on scalp home remedies since it not just controls and cures fungal overgrowth, it also prevents further damage and future outbreak.
How To Get Rid Of Fungal Infection On Scalp With Yogurt
Yogurt is a scalp cleanser and natural conditioner. You can simply apply it on your scalp every alternate day to reduce fungus growth in a week. However, using some other ingredients as Tulsi leaves and lemon in tandem with yogurt to make an antifungal hair mask is a far better method in the long run.??
Steps to Make Antifungal Yogurt Hair Mask To Get Rid of Fungal Infection On Scalp
- Boil 6-7 Tulsi leaves in water and filter the water after 15 minutes
- Add 1 tsp of Tulsi water you just made with 1 tbsp of yogurt and a few drops of lemon and mix well
- Apply on clean scalp and wash with tap water after 40 minutes
- Use every alternate day followed by coconut oil head massage to get immediate relief from itching and scalp dandruff
Why Does This Work?
Yogurt leads the race of best fungal infection on scalp home remedies because it contains lactic acid that busts all fungal cells. Lemon removes the dead fungus so that the scalp is every bit clean of it. And Tulsi is an antimicrobial agent that ensures fungus doesn’t regrow after being removed once.
8) Lemongrass Oil For Fungal Infection On Skin
Lemongrass oil contains borneol and limonene. Thus, it can easily get rid of fungus Candida by rupturing its cells and slowing down its growth. You should mix 1 tsp of lemongrass oil with 1 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of almond oil and massage your body with it as a treatment for fungal infection.??
Home Remedies On How To Prevent Fungal Infection
By now we have covered the home remedies to cure fungal infection. But the ones to follow can prevent fungal infection and discourage its regrowth once removed.
9) Neem Leaves To Prevent Fungal Infection On Skin
You wouldn’t find a better fungal infection home remedy than a Neem bath to prevent fungus overgrowth. All you have to do is add 10-15 neem leaves in hot water and let it boil for 20 good minutes. Mix the neem water with cold water to reach lukewarm temperature. Simply take bath with it twice every day in order to keep away from fungal infections.
Things to Note:
- Neem water bath is one of the most effective fungal infection on scalp home remedies
- Neem water is considered safest to treat vaginal fungal infection
- Neem water bath is also one of the best home remedies for fungal infection on buttocks and around the anus
Why Does This Work?
Limonoids and Nimbidin in neem have strong antiviral, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties. Thence, you should massage your body with a mixture of neem oil and coconut oil to prevent fungal infection on skin.
10) Aloe Vera To Cure Fungal Infection On Skin In The Initial Stages
Aloe vera is a preventive fungal infection home remedy that doesn’t let the infection grow and expand. You can simply apply the gel to itchy parts or a fungal skin rash as soon as they appear. Aloe vera will cure all itching, dryness, and inflammation due to fungus growth. Besides, you can also make herbal antifungal cream with aloe vera to prevent and cure fungal skin diseases.
- Aloe vera gel
- Lemon juice
- Coconut oil
Steps On How To Make Herbal Antifungal Cream With Aloe Vera?
- Mix 2 tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel with 1 tsp of honey, ? tsp of coconut oil, and 3-4 drops of lemon juice
- Stir till all the ingredients are mixed properly until you get a semi-liquid consistency
- Apply this natural antifungal cream on all the visible fungal skin rashes??
- You must also apply it on itchy patches that might not have resulted in rashes till now, but are still flaky
- Use this cream 3-4 times a week for best results
Why Does This Work?
Aloe vera and honey exhibit the properties of antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic agents. Thus, they eliminate even the invisible earliest traces of skin fungal infection. Lemon keeps the skin’s pH normal that, in return, keeps the conditions un-favorable for fungi growth. Lastly, coconut oil keeps fracturing all fungal cells on the skin, not giving them a chance to spread or culture.
Also read, How to Make Neem Face Pack for Great Skin
11) Onion Juice For Preventing And Curing Fungal Infection On Skin
Onion juice is loaded with the goodness of sulfur compounds that are also the active ingredients in all antifungal creams. And it is for these sulfur compounds that onion juice can be used to cure fungal infection on face, arms, and neck. You can directly apply onion juice on a fungal skin rash. However, it isn’t a good idea to expose the affected area with neat onion juice if you have sensitive skin. Always dilute it with coconut oil and rose water when using on sensitive skin or for the treatment of fungal infection on the scalp.
Also read, 9 Amazing Ways to Use Onion for Hair Growth
Additional Tips On How To Cure Fungal Infection And Possibly Prevent It
The following 4 ways to prevent fungal infection, in the long run, are very effective.
- Make sure you take care of personal hygiene. Excessively moist areas with breeding germs are highly prone to catch a fungal infection. Thus, the best way to prevent fungal infection on skin is by maintaining personal hygiene.
- Ensure that you see enough sunlight in order to cure fungal skin infection. Fungus breeds in moist conditions and consuming sunshine can slow down the growth of fungus, killing it eventually.
- Do not scratch an itchy part with dirty nails. Always remember to use disinfecting handwashes and medicated shower gels if you have a history of catching a fungal infection on skin.
- You must dry your clothes under direct sunlight, especially during rains. Leftover soap in clothes can seriously get infected with fungus when left in damp conditions to dry.?
With this, we have come to an end to our guide on fungal infection treatment home remedies that are considered to be the best for fast results. Do not forget to share your inputs on the Fungal Infection Home Remedy that worked wonders for you in the comment section below.