Frequent urination is a sheer discomfort that robs off peaceful night hours, seizes the freedom to travel carefree, and hampers work concentration. Furthermore, things become even baffling when dealing with pain during urination. So, if you too are juggling with the ramifications of excessive urination and want to get rid of them, our guide on the Home Remedies For Frequent Urination is just what you need.
Causes Of Excessive Urination
Frequent urination refers to the uncontrollable urge to pee every few minutes. Having to spend countless hours of the day and night trying to empty your bladder, but failing, isn’t something you want to suffer with for long. And if you want to learn how to stop urination, you have to first know what causes excessive urination. Thus, hold tight and roll through our list of causes of frequent urination in women and men.
Causes Of Frequent Urination In Women
- Overactive bladder during pregnancy
- Drinking artificial sweeteners in excess
- Vaginal atrophy cause by dropping estrogen level
- Vaginitis and UTI
- Anterior prolapse that weakens the bladder wall
Causes Of Frequent Urination In Men
- Prostate enlargement
- Urinary tract infection
- Nocturia caused by an overactive bladder
- Alcohol and caffeine drinks
- Pelvic tumor
However, if you experience pain or burning sensation after urination, it might be an outcome of certain serious health conditions including the following.
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- STDs like chlamydia
- Pelvic tumor
- Interstitial cystitis
7 Home Remedies For Frequent Urination
You should visit our guide on home remedies for frequent urination in order to reduce your frequency of bathroom visits. Besides, some of our home remedies will help you overcome burning sensation and pain during urination.??
3 Home Remedies For Frequent Urination In Women
The normal urination frequency in females varies according to age, weight and medical conditions. However, according to urologists, anything over 8-9 times a day is frequent urination. If you too are trying to cope up with this recurrent problem, the home remedies listed below will be very helpful.
1) Pomegranate For Excessive Urination
Pomegranate is a medically proven home remedy for frequent urination because it contains antioxidants that fight off bacteria in the urinary tract. It also contains Vitamin C that cleanses toxins from the kidneys and bladder. Hence, it is one of the best home remedies for frequent urination caused by urinary tract infection.
How To Control Frequent Urination With Pomegranate?
You must drink 2 glasses of pomegranate juice every day when suffering from repeated urination. You can also use a pomegranate mask to cure pain during urination.
- Aloe vera
Steps To Make And Apply Pomegranate Paste For Excess Urination
- Peel a pomegranate and crush the seeds in a mixer
- Separate the juice from the residue and mix 1 tbsp of it with ? tsp aloe vera gel
- Stir until you get a semi-liquid consistency
- Wash the pelvic area and apply the paste
- Wash after 15 minutes with cold water
- Use it 3 times a day for a week for maximum relief in pain during urination
Why It Works?
Vitamin C in pomegranate makes white blood cells strong enough to battle against bacteria and aloe vera cools down the burning and painful sensation caused by inflammation.
Also read?Divya Medohar Vati : What Are The Best Health Benefits
2) Cinnamon For Continuous Urination
Cinnamon is one of the best natural medicine for frequent urination caused by urinary tract infection and vaginitis. It can kill fungus, bacteria, germs, and parasites. Thus, it also reduces the problems of excessive discharge, improper menstrual cycle, and bad vaginal odor.
How To Stop Frequent Urination Feeling With Cinnamon?
You should drink cinnamon tea regularly to avoid over urination in the first hand by keeping your system clean from infections. Otherwise, if you have already developed the problem of frequent urination, you can make a cinnamon paste for instant relief from repeated urination.
- Cinnamon powder
- Cinnamon oil
- Colorless henna
- Distilled water
Steps To Make And Apply Cinnamon Paste To Cure Burning Sensation After Urination
- Take 1 tsp cinnamon powder and ? tsp colorless henna in a bowl
- Add cold distilled water in the bowl and stir until you get the desired semi-liquid consistency
- Refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes
- In the meantime, massage your pelvic area and vulva with warm cinnamon oil
- Apply the cold paste directly over the freshly massaged surface
- Wash with clean water and apply every alternate day for 2 weeks to get rid of frequent urination feeling
Why It Works?
Cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and analgesic. It is rich in vitamin C, E, K, and riboflavin. Thus, it can treat all kinds of infections like UTI and vaginitis. On the other hand, colorless henna is a cooling agent that reduces burning sensation after urination.
Caution: You should use Ceylon cinnamon instead of cassia cinnamon for application around sensitive private parts.
Also read, Amazing Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
3) Honey And Turmeric Treatment For Frequent Urination
Honey and turmeric paste is powerful medicine for frequent urination that helps women suffering from vaginitis, vaginal atrophy, and low estrogen secretion.
How To Stop Frequent Urination With Honey And Turmeric Solution?
You can drink herbal tea with honey and turmeric to increase estrogen level in the body in order to restore bladder control and treat urinary tracts infection. You can also apply honey and turmeric paste to get relief from continuous night urination.
- Honey and turmeric
- Almond oil
- Sandalwood powder
Steps To Make And Apply Honey And Turmeric Paste For Frequent Urination Sensation
- Mix ? tsp sandalwood powder and 1/4th tsp turmeric powder with 2 tbsp honey
- Stir until all the ingredients blend properly
- Apply almond oil around the itchy and inflamed vulva and massage properly ??
- Now apply the paste on the outside of vulva and all over the pelvic area
- Let it sit for 15 minutes before you wash it with cold water
- Use every alternate day for a month to get rid of frequent urination
Why It Works?
Honey is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic and curcumin in turmeric is an antioxidant with antifungal and antibacterial properties. All of it is sufficient to reduce vulva inflammation that reduces the urgency for urination. Also, sandalwood is a cooling agent that calms down burning sensation after urination around the vulva and entire pelvic area.
Also read, Turmeric and Curcumin ? What are their Pros and Cons?
2 Home Remedies For Frequent Urination In Men
Men in their middle age after 40 tend to lose bladder control due to prostate enlargement. The best way to cure over urination is by avoiding bad habits that lead to frequent urination at night in the first hand. But, if you have already surpassed the stage of prevention and are suffering from frequent urination at night, the following home remedies for frequent urination will offer maximum relief.
4) Cypress Oil For Frequent Urination At Night
Cypress oil is the best medicine to treat frequent urination at night. It is one of the best natural ways to reduce frequent urination because it helps in tightening the loose bladder wall. And once you regain bladder control, the urgency to pee at night reduces substantially.
Steps On How To Stop Frequent Urination Naturally With Cypress Oil?
- Simply mix warm cypress oil and almond oil in a bowl
- Massage your private parts with it twice every day for 2 weeks to get rid of too much urination at night
Why It Works?
Being an astringent, cypress oil can tighten loose tissues. It can also reduce pain in urination with constant use. On the other hand, almond oil reduces the burning sensation after urination.
5) Yogurt And Lavender Oil For Painful And Frequent Urination In Men
Yogurt and lavender oil solution is a medically proven frequent urination medicine that can treat excessive urination caused by bladder problems, urinary tract infection, chlamydia, as well as stress.
How To Prevent Frequent Urination With ?Lavender Oil And Yogurt Solution?
Lavender oil massage around private parts daily offers the benefits of bladder control to reduce urination frequency at night. Eating 1 bowl of Yogurt every day tackles infections by fungus and bacteria in the urinary tract.
Why It Works?
Stress is one of the major reasons for anxiety induced frequent urination in men. And lavender oil is a stress buster that calms down the tingling sensation all around the nerve endings. On the other hand, daily yogurt consumption while simultaneous lavender massage kills bad bacteria and fills the body with probiotics to ease burning and pain caused by urinary tract infection.
Also read?31 Benefits of Rosemary Oil for Skin, Hair, and Health
2 Home Remedies For Pain During Urination
It isn’t just frequent urinary that’s troublesome, things worsen when it is accompanied with pain and burning sensation. Thus, the 2 home remedies listed below are for people dealing with urination pain.
6) Basil And Honey For Pain During Urination
Basil or Tulsi is a strong antimicrobial agent that can kill bacteria that cause urinary tract infection. And honey is a powerful analgesic. When used in tandem, these two ingredients can cure frequent urination while treating urination pain.
How To Cure Pain During Urination With Tulsi And Honey?
Consuming fresh tulsi tea is the best medicine for frequent urination accompanied with sharp pain. Also, it is a powerful remedy to cure diabetes frequent urination at night.
Steps To Make Tulsi And Honey Tea To Cure Painful Urination
- Pluck 8-10 fresh tulsi leaves and wash them properly
- Add them in a pan with boiling water
- Stew for 15-20 minutes
- Add the hot mixture in a mixer and grind well
- Add 1 tsp honey in 1 cup of tulsi tea that you just made
- Drink once every day to get rid of painful urination
Why It Works?
Tulsi cleanses bacteria from the urinary tract. It also works as an anti-inflammatory agent alongside honey to reduce pain during urination. Which is why it is one of the best home remedies to cure frequent urination and back pain.
Also read, 17 Fantastic Tulsi Green Tea Benefits That You Should Know
7) Apple Cider Vinegar For Frequent Urination and Back Pain
Drinking a glass of water mixed with apple cider vinegar can help you get rid of pain during urination. It can restore bladder control when consumed daily. This home remedy for frequent urination is so powerful because ACV is a cleansing agent that flushes microbes and bacteria out of the body. It also heals back pain and abdominal pain caused while urination due to the inflammation of the urinary tract.
Additional Tips On How To Control Frequent Urination Naturally At Home
Other than the 7 above-listed home remedies for frequent urination, you can also follow the following tips to regain bladder control.
- Learn how to hold urine for longer if you’re suffering from bladder oversensitivity. Having bladder control will certainly help you learn how to control frequent urination, if not cure it.
- Drink water mixed with baking soda for 15 consecutive days. Since baking soda can successfully alkalize urine, it reduces inflammation and urination pain. It also helps in curing UTI to reduce the problem of repeated urination.
- Drinking a cup of green tea keeps your system free of bacteria and full of antioxidants. Thus, this is actually a preventive home remedy for frequent urination that reduces the risk of bladder loosening and prostate enlargement.
- Ginger tea is yet another powerful source of curing frequent urination and back pain. Gingerols in ginger kill bacteria and cure the painful urinary tract infection. They also offer relief to people suffering from the discomfort of immediate urination after drinking water.
A Diet Chart On How To Control Frequent Urination Easily At Home
A proper diet can actually help in preventing frequent urination and curing the pain during urination and after. The list of foods below should thus be a part of your regular diet.
- Consume fiber-rich foods and fruits like oats, cabbage, and apples. Fibers control constipation. As a result, the load on the bladder reduces that cures and prevents frequent urination easily.
- Consume foods and fruits like lemon, cranberry, pomegranate, and oranges that are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and astringent that can tighten the loose bladder wall, flush out infection-causing bacteria, and reduce inflammation. All these benefits are sufficient to cure frequent urination and back pain.
Lifestyle Changes For People Suffering From Repeated Urination
If you’re someone who is suffering from recurrent urinary tract infection, the following lifestyle changes will help you in completely getting rid of all bacteria to cure frequent urination.
- Drink 3-4 liters of water every day. Clean water flushes out the harmful bacteria every time you pee. Just ensure that you do not drink too much water after the evening in order to control frequent urination at night.
- Perform core strengthening kernel exercises that help in practicing bladder control to overcome the problem of too much urination too frequently.
All these remedies and tips will certainly help you in overcoming the problem of frequent urination in the long run. Also, share your experience on the efficiency of the Home Remedies For Frequent Urination by us in the comment section below.