Eggs – the most debated food item in almost every household. Some love it while others don?t. Few swear by its nutrient content while others disregard it saying too much fat. No matter what the argument might be, the truth is- eggs are a protein-laden blessing that is extremely healthy to consume; moreover egg mask for hair growth is a significant source of nourishment to your hair. Moreover, in the beauty world, eggs offer several amazing benefits to get good skin and hair. Sounds familiar? If you are eager to know how you can use eggs for hair growth and as an essential cure to your hair problems, you are at the right spot! Yet, the greater confusion lies with, ‘How to apply egg on hair???’. Here you would find the answer to questions like “How to apply egg white on hair?”, “Is egg yolk good for hair?”, “how can I apply raw eggs on hair or scalp?”, “How to apply egg and curd on hair?” along with some simple and quick home remedies with egg treatment to cure hair issues. Dry, rough and brittle hair, hair fall, flaky scalp, dandruff ? name the hair problem and you would be surprised that each one of them can be treated with egg packs or egg masks right away.
Hair follicles are primarily built with proteins and amino acids, having keratin as the major protein component (a whopping 70%). On the other hand, eggs are famous for their rich protein content (3.6 g to 6.5 g per egg), along with fatty acids, xanthophylls, antioxidants, and cholesterol. Each of these components contributes to maintaining healthy and lively hair. This is the very reason why it important to use egg hair masks as often as you can. And let?s see how!
Don’t like spending time on reading?
Here is our Video on How to apply egg for hair!?
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Benefits of eggs for Hair
- Vitamins A and E help in battling against hair loss. Using egg yolk for hair will provide you with a rich supply of proteins which in turn will strengthen hair follicles right from the roots.
- Vitamin A also takes care of bringing back lost lustre to your hair. It improves sebum production naturally and thereby, you get back lost moisture and shine. It also prevents drying of the scalp, flaking and controls dandruff.
- Vitamin D works on hair texture and lustre to give you silky hair.
- Vitamin E protects hair from damage due to exposure to UV rays.
- Egg yolk for hair can prove beneficial due to their Vitamin B12 and sulphur present in the yolk. These will help to increase hair volume.
- Lecithin, a fatty acid present in eggs, helps tackle frizzy hair, brittleness, drying, and breakage of hair follicles.
- Biotin in egg yolks concentrates on improving overall hair health by renewing hair follicles. Thus giving you more reason to use egg yolk for hair
- Antioxidants pump in oxygen into the scalp to mend rough and brittle hair.
- Cholesterol content in eggs helps to increase the penetration and absorption of the other components into scalp and hair strands.
How to apply egg on hair?
When it comes to applying egg packs directly on scalp or hair, there are certain minor rules to remember. Settling in for egg on hair treatment itself could be difficult to accept for some, especially if you are first-time users. So here are the points to note to avoid greater discomfort and struggle when you use egg hair mask…
- Do not use eggs for your hair or scalp if you are allergic to eggs or egg yolks. If you aren?t allergic to eggs but the external application has sparked off any different reaction, STOP using eggs for hair right there. Consult with a doctor or trichologist to treat your allergy.
- To apply egg on hair, the raw egg must be beaten well. Some egg packs will recommend just the egg white or hair?while others must require egg yolk for hair. Either way, ensure you beat the egg well (along with other ingredients if any).
- Do not apply stale eggs on hair. Make sure the eggs are fresh and remove the white strands or chords that you find within the egg (the white substance that connects the egg yolk to the egg white).
- How to apply eggs on dry hair? Raw eggs can be applied on both dry hair and damp hair, depending on the egg mask for hair. However, if your hair is too dry, you can apply egg on damp hair or slightly oiled hair.
- Always use lukewarm or cold water to wash your hair during egg treatment. Never wash hair with HOT OR WARM WATER after you have used eggs on your scalp. Any residue of egg protein content has high chances of getting coagulated on your hair strands.
- Rinse well to remove egg content thoroughly. Rinse with shampoo twice if necessary.
- Do not allow the egg pack to dry more than the prescribed time. Dried eggs on hair aren?t a cool idea to encounter.
- Ensure your egg hair masks for hair treatment is restricted within the restroom to avoid accidents and unpleasant egg odour around your home.
- If using raw eggs on hair brings you discomfort, never mind. You can always fall back on products that contain the benefits of egg protein in them.
Homemade Egg Hair Mask for Healthy Hair
- How to apply egg and curd on hair? Well! Here is how you can use an egg yolk for hair. Mix an egg yolk with a tablespoon of curd. Apply this paste or mixture on the scalp and let it set for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off to get softer hair with luscious shine!
- Mix together- a small amount of white wine vinegar and 2 egg yolks. Beat the mixture to combine the ingredients well. Apply it on the scalp and leave it undisturbed for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cold water. This treatment would help to tackle dandruff and dry scalp.
- Blend together – 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, ? teaspoon of almond oil and 1 egg yolk. Once you?ve combined the ingredients together, apply this paste along the length of your hair and scalp. Rinse off with cold water after 45 minutes. This is how you effectively use eggs for hair loss and dandruff.
- Mix together- 2 egg yolks and 2 teaspoons of linseed oil. Whisk well until the mixture becomes easy to apply on damp hair. Wash off after 30 minutes to treat dry hair effectively. This is a great way to nourish hair using egg yolk for hair.
- Combine together- 1 cup of skimmed milk and 1 egg white. Blend them well and apply the mixture on your scalp and hair. Wash after 30 minutes to make hair softer and luscious.
- Egg and olive oil hair treatment recipe- Blend in- 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 egg yolk. Add some lukewarm water to the mixture and dilute it. After hair wash, apply this egg and olive oil hair mask, as a conditioner. Leave it on hair and scalp for 15 minutes and wash thoroughly. This mixture is the best?homemade hair treatment for damaged hair.
- Another way to use egg yolk for hair is by mixing together egg yolk and avocado (take the amount that would be sufficient to cover the entire length of your hair). Apply this paste on hair and scalp and allow it to soak in for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water thoroughly to reawaken soft and silky hair!
- Blend together- 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Beat this mixture together and apply it on hair and scalp. This is an excellent remedy for hair fall.
What is Egg Oil?
Egg oil is extracted from the yolk of chicken eggs hence it is also called as Egg yolk oil. You can learn to make egg oil at home (Watch this video) but it is time-consuming.
Egg oil for grey hair: Since the oil is rich in cholesterol, Palmitic acid and oleic acid which work to prevent greying of hair, Egg oil massages are in the trend.
Egg oil for hair loss:?Did you know that Sunlight, pollution and contaminated water pose a great damage to our hair? Egg oil is a solution to all these and much more. The fatty acids in egg oil nourish your hair follicles, thus preventing hair fall.
Haven’t heard about this product yet? You might not know where to buy egg oil. But we have it right here!
Click on the image to buy!
The benefits of applying egg on hair are amazing, aren?t they? Wait until you have tried each one of these egg masks or egg packs for hair. Hope we have answered your doubts on how to use eggs on hair and scalp. Now get ready to revitalise your hair with the goodness and benefits from eggs. How often can I use egg on hair, you ask? All you have to do is, remember to repeat the hair mask hair treatment once or twice a week to achieve best results. Enjoy your newfound beauty from your tresses!