Who would not want a glowing oil free skin? You and even I for that matter would do anything to make our skin glowing skin. But you definitely can’t do anything and everything to make your skin glow and oil free. There are certain face packs that would help your skin glow and the best part is that you have all the necessary items right there in your kitchen. Now take a basket and collect the necessary items from your kitchen.
- Gram flour
- Green gram
- Mint leaves and
- Rose water. [you can add other such items that you have come across]
Now that you have the essentials, it is very important to know what goes with what. For instance, you might have made the mistake of mixing honey and milk. One, it will be difficult to apply and two there other are great and effective combinations. It would be great and helpful for you if you start the process as you read this article so that you don’t end up mixing things that don’t go together. Stay till the end because, I’m going to give the ingredients for you to make your own face pack powder or scrub which you can store for about a year.
Basic Gram Flour Face Pack:
Your skin is sure to be affected mainly because of the environmental pollution. For some, it might be seen obviously but for others, your skin will be affected slowly. So it is necessary that you do apply face packs at least twice a week. This pack also works as a great scrub and prevents excessive oil secretion in your face.
- Take a hand full of chickpea grain and grind it in your mixer grinder.
- Take how much ever you need and add two to three tablespoons of curd.
- If you’re not allergic to turmeric, add a little bit of face turmeric powder. [Don’t apply the one used for cooking]
- Now mix and apply either by hand or by a face brush.
- Then softly massage using your fingers.
- Wash after 10-15 mins and experience the miracle!
Oats and Honey Face Pack:
If your skin is prone to acne and pimple, then oats is the best way to treat it. It also helps cure skin irritations and removes excess oil in your skin, but it does not completely rid your face of oil. This face pack goes well for people with oily skin. Oats rejuvenates your skin and makes you feel fresh and bright. Honey and oats bind together and stick well to the face like parlor face pack. You can also add egg white to enrich the quality of your face pack thereby the texture of your skin. Egg white also binds the mixture well and enables the mixture to have a good grip on your skin surface.
- Choose to grind the oats for face packs and you can use it as grains for scrubs.
- Beat the egg whites and then add oats and honey.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- Apply using your hands or a face pack brush. [After use make sure you wash your face pack brush properly since it can cause skin allergies]
- As usual, slightly massage the mixture onto your face.
- Let it stay for 10-15 mins and then wash.
- Don’t let the pack dry too much on your face. Wash it when it is still wet with cold water. Avoid hot water.
- Remove gently since the all three ingredients tend to stick tight. Do not use a brush to remove the face pack.
Apply the mixture not only to your face but also under your chin and around the neck area. If you feel that your hands are also tanned and have lots of marks, then apply the face pack on your hands as well. If you find it difficult to remove the face pack, then cover the area with a wet cloth for some time and then try removing it.
Any Time Simple Face Pack:
This simple yet effective face pack requires paal aadai [the layer on top of the milk], few drops of lemon, sandalwood powder [not talcum powder] and few drops of rose water. The sandalwood powder and rose water cools your skin and also eases your mind. If you regularly use it, say twice or thrice a week, you can definitely say goodbye to marks on your face.
Turmeric kills the germs in your face and skin thus relieving you of any kind of skin allergy or rashes. Turmeric is also well known for its healing quality. It heals all kind of wound and marks. Some of you might feel it hard on your face, but sandalwood and rosewater gives a cooling effect and reduces the mild burning sensation that is sometimes caused because of turmeric.
- Take paal aadai on a small bowl.
- Add turmeric powder and sandalwood powder.
- Then add few drops of rose water.
- Mix it and apply on your face and neck.
- Gently massage and wash after 10 minutes.
Mint leaves, curd, and multani mitti are also other few other homemade face packs that you can try. As mentioned earlier, here are ingredients for your face powder which you can also use a face pack.
- Chickpea grain -1/4 kg
- Green gram- 100 gm
- Kasturi Turmeric- 100 gm
- Dried paniir rose- 1/4kg
- White turmeric-100 gm [Also known as poolan kizhangu in Tamil].
Dry these ingredients in the sun for about a day and then grind in the flour mill. Keep the powder in a safe waterproof container. You can use it for about a year. This powder can be used as a body wash powder as well. To begin with, you can try in little dosages. Then use it as per your preference. If you can’t get paniir rose, rose water is the next best alternative.
You can make these face packs any time you want and they are bereft of any chemicals that tend to affect your skin. When you use these on a regular basis, you’re sure to experience the change. Get set to look good!
For more face pack ideas, click here!