Whilst most of us are aware of the ramifications of high blood pressure that’s hypertension, not many are aware that low blood pressure or hypotension is an equally dangerous problem. Most importantly, low blood pressure treatment is necessary in order to avoid dizziness or a complete blackout. In fact, frequent fainting is one of the many low blood pressure symptoms that shouldn’t be overlooked. So, if you too are experiencing the bad effects of low blood pressure and are on a lookout to find Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure, our guide on an instant remedy for low blood pressure is going to be very beneficial. But, before you learn how to raise blood pressure, you must have a fair knowledge of all the symptoms and causes of low blood pressure.
Low Blood Pressure Symptoms
The most common low blood pressure symptoms include the following.
- A frequent headache and fatigue
- Dizziness and nausea
- Fainting or syncope
- Blurry vision and weakness
Severe Effects Of Low Blood Pressure
Low blood pressure treatment is necessary because hypotension can also be an outcome of some serious underlying health disorders. And the most common and worst side effects of low blood pressure are given below.
- Breathlessness or shallow and erratic breathing
- A rapidly falling pulse rate that needs immediate medical attention
- Confusion and disbalance that increase the risk of a fatal fall
Most Significant Causes Of Low Blood Pressure
Normal blood pressure depends upon the age and gender of a person. However, on an average, anything lower than 120/80 mm Hg needs medical care. Other than dehydration that is the most common cause of low blood pressure, there are many others, encapsulated below, that you must know about.
- Heart Disorders – Heart disorders are one of the most serious causes of low blood pressure. They can be an outcome of pulse irregularity, artery blockage, and valve problems.
- Pregnancy – Low blood pressure and irregular breathing are very common during pregnancy. It is caused by the expansion of the circulatory system in order to support the growing fetus.
- Endocrine Disorders – Endocrine disorders like thyroid and low blood sugar are significant low blood pressure reasons that, when remaining undetected or ignored, can prove to be life-threatening.
- Septicemia – Septicemia, also known as the septic shock is a serious cause of low blood pressure that can lead to death. It happens when an infection leads to a sudden and serious drop in blood pressure.
- Unbalanced Diet – A diet that cannot replenish the body with folic acid and Vitamin B12 is a cause of low blood pressure that requires a lifestyle change.
Other than the most common causes of low blood pressure mentioned above, there are some rare yet life-threatening causes as well, like the ones below.
- Anaphylaxis – The treatment of low blood pressure due to anaphylaxis is necessary since it can lead to death. It is caused by the release of venoms in the bloodstream. Sometimes food allergy is also a cause. The most common symptoms of anaphylaxis include hives, itching, throat swelling, and shallow breathing.
- Blood Loss – Internal or external, blood loss is a serious life-threatening cause of low blood pressure that requires immediate medical care.
4 Types Of Low Blood Pressure That You Must Be Aware Of
Did you know that blood pressure is of different kinds? The most significantly common ones, as categorized medically, are listed below.
- Low Blood Pressure On Standing – It happens when gravity sucks blood from the brain towards the legs when you suddenly stand after sitting or laying down for hours. Not necessarily life-threatening, but it may become risky for pregnant women and diabetic patients because it leads to dizziness and disorientation. Keeping hydrated at all times is the best home remedy for low blood pressure caused due to postural changes.
- Low Blood Pressure Caused By Nerve Damage – It is important to take medicine for low blood pressure caused due to atrophy. The situation gets tricky with age. Thus, you must count on natural low blood pressure remedies that can slow down the process of nerve damage in the long run.
- Low Blood Pressure Caused Due To Faulty Brain Signals – This is not a serious condition and is caused when you keep standing without a break for hours. Not a disease in itself, but it still involves the risk of fainting due to lower blood supply as a result of faulty brain signals.
- Low Blood Pressure After Eating – Also known as postprandial hypotension, it mostly hits old people suffering from Parkinson disease. The best low blood pressure remedies for postprandial hypotension include consuming healthy folate-rich foods like legumes, eggs, and broccoli.
How To Increase Low Blood Pressure – Effective Home Remedies And Tips
Having evaluated what are the causes of low blood pressure and their side effects, it is time to learn about some home remedies for low blood pressure.
1) Coffee For Low Blood Pressure Headache
Caffeine in coffee makes the mind more alert and focussed by stimulating nerves. It reduces low blood pressure headache and dizziness instantly by increasing the supply of blood to the brain cells. It’s best to sip a cup of coffee as medicine for low blood pressure in the morning and another cup during brunch.
You can also try munching on coffee loaded brownies and cookies if you dislike milk or are allergic to it. Lastly, black coffee is an instant remedy for low blood pressure for diabetic patients and heart patients.
Caution – You must avoid coffee at all costs if you’re pregnant. Also, do not over consume it, especially at night as it can lead to sleeplessness. Besides, it isn’t a good idea to drink milk coffee if you have gastric troubles.
2) Vitamin B12 As A Remedy For Low Blood Pressure
A popular remedy to cure hypertension, Vitamin B12 is also a scientifically proven home remedy for low blood pressure. Insufficient amount of B12 causes anemia due to the destruction of weak blood platelets. Thence anemia results in reduced blood flow to vital organs that is a dangerously low blood pressure situation. And vitamin B12 is a natural source that increases the blood platelet count. Thus, it is best to eat vitamin B12 rich foods like eggs, oats, yogurt, cereals, salmon, tuna, and milk products.
3) Basil As An Instant Remedy For Low Blood Pressure
Basil or Tulsi is one of the rare remedies for low blood pressure of all types. It contains vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium that are all necessary ingredients required to raise low blood pressure instantly. You can simply chew 7-8 basil leaves every morning or can drink Tulsi tea. Besides, it is fairly easy to make Tulsi tea.
How to Improve Low Blood Pressure With Tulsi leaves?
You must drink 2 cups of tulsi tea to keep your blood pressure under control. Follow the guide we have mentioned below to make herbal tulsi tea at home.
- Wash 10-12 Tulsi leaves and put them in a pan of boiling water
- Let the water boil for 20 minutes
- Cover the pan with a lid for 10 minutes after turning off the flame
- Once warm, filter the water and mix it with 1 tsp of honey and some lemon juice
- Stir well and drink it daily for optimal results
- You can also grind the tulsi tea with leaves in a mixer and drink the solution instead of filtering the leaves
4) Green Tea To Cure Low Blood Pressure
If you have been wondering how to raise low blood pressure quickly, then green tea is the answer. It might surprise you, but green tea contains a good amount of caffeine that reduces low blood pressure headache and increases concentration. Besides, it is bundled with catechins that fend off toxins responsible for creating a blockage in the arteries and veins by fouling the circulatory system.
You should drink 2-3 cups of green tea every day to fix low blood pressure in the long run. Besides, green tea is also good for diabetic patients and heart patients. It also provides relief from low blood pressure symptoms including dizziness, weakness, and fatigue.
Alternate Tips On How To Raise Blood Pressure Quickly
Whilst most home remedies for low blood pressure are extremely beneficial in the long run, there are some ways to cure low blood pressure instantly. Follow the guide below to learn more about all such additional low blood pressure remedies.
5) How To Cure Low Blood Pressure Naturally In A Week
There are multiple ways to cure low blood pressure instantly. The best ones include the following.
- Increasing salt intake is a natural low blood pressure remedy that provides instant relief.
- Lemon water is another instant home remedy for low blood pressure because it is loaded with vitamin C that normalizes blood circulation; thereby, increasing low blood pressure.
- Ginger contains gingerols. And gingerols are capable of increasing blood circulation and balancing erratic heartbeat. Thus, you should drink ginger tea to minimize the bad effects of low blood pressure.
6) Effective Treatment For Low Blood Pressure
Low blood pressure treatment should be a careful mixture of home remedies and a healthy diet. In fact, a diet that is rich in folate and Vitamin B complex is one of the best ways to cure low blood pressure naturally at home. Also, low blood pressure diet remedy not just offers immediate relief, it also guarantees long term stability. The best foods to look forward to are listed below.
- Milk almonds
- Cottage cheese
7) How To Control Low Blood Pressure With Ginseng
Chinese Ginseng contains gintonin and ginsenosides. And both these active ingredients increase body’s immunity, improve blood circulation, and increase concentration. Thus, Ginseng is quite popularly used as an ancient remedy for low blood pressure.
How To Treat Low Blood Pressure Immediately With Ginseng?
Consuming Ginseng tea is the best low blood pressure treatment at home. You can follow the simple steps we have curated below for making Ginseng tea to cure low blood pressure.
- Peel 5-6 slices of ginseng root and clean them with water
- Dip them in honey and let the honey-coated ginseng slices rest in a bowl for 20 minutes
- Pour boiling water in the bowl with ginseng slices and let it rest for another 10 minutes
- Filter the tea from roots and consume it empty stomach every morning
Caution: Do not consume ginseng tea is excess. In fact, it’s better to consult a dietician to determine the safe dose. Also, best avoid it during pregnancy and rather drink herbal Tulsi tea.
8) How To Fix Low Blood Pressure In Pregnancy
Pregnancy, as discussed in the guide above, is one common cause of low blood pressure. It isn’t a disease in itself and eventually sublimes after childbirth. But it still is quite troublesome and risky for pregnant women. Nathless, if you’re pregnant, you can follow the below-listed remedies for low blood pressure.
- Soak about 10-15 raisins in warm water and leave them overnight. Eat them every morning throughout pregnancy to ensure your blood pressure doesn’t drop suddenly
- Consuming beetroot juice is a natural home remedy for low blood pressure in pregnancy because it increases blood circulation and helps anemic patients. Drinking it 3 times a week will keep you healthy
- Eating aniseed as a low blood pressure cure during pregnancy is quite effective because it contains potassium, iron, and calcium. And all these 3 minerals are necessary to maintain blood pressure so that it doesn’t take a sudden dip.
- Drinking almond milk is one of the most effective home remedies to cure low blood pressure in pregnancy. Almonds contain essential vitamins that control adrenal glands. And adrenal glands are responsible for maintaining blood pressure. In fact, almond milk also cures low blood pressure headache.
9) How To Raise Blood Pressure Quickly At Home
It’s very simple to cure head rush caused by hypotension if you follow the right tricks. And some of the best low blood pressure home remedies to increase blood pressure quickly are given below.
- Generously sprinkle salt on raw cottage cheese and eat it. It will work as an instant remedy for low blood pressure and is safe to eat even during pregnancy.
- You can also eat a cube of dark chocolate to cure low blood pressure instantly.
This is our guide on some of the best Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure. If you have any questions regarding them or any other effective remedy that you’d like to share, do leave your suggestions in the comment section.