“Is dandruff curable? How to get rid of dandruff? How to remove dandruff? What are the home remedies for dandruff? How to treat dandruff?” are few of the innumerable questions that our mind generates every single second. As a result, you get stressed out which is also one of the causal factors of dandruff. The very sight of dandruff is enough to freak you out and Dandruff is a hair problem that has been freaking out people since ages. Chill! It is definitely not as scary as that provided you take right measures at the right time. As you might think, dandruff is not a serious scalp problem rather it is the just the shedding or withering of the dead skin cells from your scalp.
There is no other go but to accept the fact that there is no complete cure for dandruff. You can’t remove dandruff but only take measures to reduce the shedding of the dead skin cells from your scalp. When your scalp lacks the required oil content, it becomes dry and starts to whither minute flake of dead skin cells. So it is important that you don’t let your scalp dry as this may worsen your dandruff condition.
Try reading our proven remedies to control hair fall.
Dandruff is a common hair problem that everybody faces in their life at some point or the other. Usually, dandruff is said to start post-puberty period mainly because of the hormonal changes. There are several home remedies for dandruff and shampoos that have been proven amazing results. When you treat your dandruff right from the start, there are possibilities for it not to recur. Let’s see how to get rid of dandruff.
You can get rid of dandruff either by using shampoos and gels or through home remedies. When you go by these two methods your dandruff should start to suffice. But if there are no traces of your dandruff responding to shampoos and gels or to home remedies, then you need to consult your dermatologist or trichologist. Shampoos and home remedies to treat dandruff might have different results for different people because our scalps might react differently. Beware!
- When you fail to wash your hair at regular intervals, the oil, and the dead skin cells merge and result in flakes called dandruff.
- Too much of shampooing can also cause dandruff since the chemicals in the shampoo affect your scalp.
- Dry blowing your hair regularly removes the moisture in your scalp causing dandruff.
- When you experience scalp dryness stop using hair beauty products because those chemicals might end up causing dandruff.
- Besides aforementioned reasons, stress also causes dandruff. Keep yourself calm and composed since stress worsens dandruff.
- Might be caused due to fungal infection. In such cases immediately consult your dermatologist.
Shampoos to treat dandruff:
There are tons of dandruff and anti-dandruff shampoos available in the market. Choose the one that suits you best. Supposing a dandruff shampoo might have worked really well for you but after 6 months it does no good for your scalp, then switch over to another dandruff shampoo. You might be confounded about switching over to another shampoo all of a sudden. It’s because after a certain period your dandruff becomes tolerant to your previous shampoo. So it is said by dermatologists, trichologists and by people suffering from dandruff that you should keep switching on to different dandruff shampoos to keep your dandruff in control. To be on the safer side try in the affected areas of your scalp and if you’re allergic to that shampoo, quit using it.
Fight hair fall with these amazing shampoos.
Grab this amazing anti-dandruff shampoo here –> http://lifestylica.com/out/matrix-biolage-anti-dandruff-shampoo
- Matrix Biolage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is the best in the market to get rid of dandruff. Zinc is one of the main formulas in the shampoo and zinc is the best to treat dandruff. It’s gentle and works hard on dandruff. If you’re allergic then stop using it.
Points to remember:
- Buy dandruff shampoo that has either zinc or ketoconazole composition in them.
- Look for the ingredients in the label so that you can prevent using ones that you are allergic to.
- Prefer using medicated or herbal
- Let the shampoo stay in your scalp for at least 5-10 mins and massage well.
- Lather twice and rinse properly.
- Don’t expect instant remedies.
Oils to prevent dandruff:
Oils are very important in treating your dandruff. The problem arises when your scalp lacks moisture or oil content but in the extreme cases it is caused because of excessive secretion of oil in the scalp. Medicated and herbal oils rejuvenate your scalp and help prevent dandruff. The wonderful benefits of tea tree oil, olive oil, coconut oil, neem oil, castor oil and other herbal oils are said to suffice dandruff problems.
|Tea tree oil||● Well known oil in the treatment of dandruff and other related skin infection. With its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties it helps fight fungal infection that causes severe dandruff.|
● Anti-septic in nature.
● Prevents yeast formation in your scalp.
● Very strong in nature.
● Mix with hair oil and then use.
|Coconut oil||● Basic yet effective in dandruff treatment!|
● Use pure form of coconut oil.● Anti-fungal properties and rich vitamins in it help cure and heal dandruff infected scalp.● Massage your scalp with slightly warm coconut oil. ● Vitalizes and rejuvenates your scalp.● Best moisturizing quality.
● Helps in hair growth.
|Olive oil||● Highly rich in vitamins and minerals.|
● Nourishes your skin and scalp.
● Age old treatment for any skin infections.
● Moisturizes your scalp but leave it to soak in your scalp overnight.
|Neem leaf oil||● Neem is the best source of cure for any kind of infection caused by fungus and bacteria.|
● Anti-septic in nature.
● Mix few drops with hair oil and then massage gently.
● Wash after 10-15 mins.
● Prevents further worsening of dandruff by stopping the fungal action.
|Castor oil||● Used since ages for its multi-purpose qualities.|
● The sticky nature of the oil prevents dryness of the scalp.
● Moistens the thick patches of flakes and cures severe infection.
● You can also use warm castor oil and let it soak for 5-10 mins and then rinse thoroughly.
● People with sinus problems avoid using castor oil since it has great cooling effects.
|Baby oil||● Baby oil is gentle in nature and it is recommended for people with any kind of scalp problems.|
● Restores moisture.
One of the best product from a well-known skin care specialist. Users claim that this product heals dandruff and keep your scalp healthy. Several herbal extracts not only prevent the effects of dandruff but also reduces hair fall.
Available here –> http://lifestylica.com/out/shahnaz-husain-arnica-hair-oil
Besides shampoos and oils, there are several home remedies for dandruff that cost you nothing yet yields great results.
|Vinegar||Well known and famous home remedy to treat dandruff. Apple cider vinegar would be the best choice. Wash or rinse your hair with vinegar to fight dandruff. The pungent smell goes off after hair wash. Stay away from chemical based vinegar.|
|Lemon||The citric acid in the lemon attacks the fungus and the flakes thus reducing the effect of dandruff.|
|Listerine||Famous and most recommended home remedy to remove dandruff flakes from your scalp, mouthwash though. Mix it with water and massage your scalp. Wash after 10-15 mins.|
|Aspirin||Salicylic acid is the main composition of aspirin and this acid exclusively fights fungal and bacterial infection. The general method is to crush aspirin that comes in the form of a tab and mix it along with your shampoo while hairs wash. Repeat several times and if no effects seen, consult your dermatologist.|
|Aloe vera||Aloe vera is all time remedy for all skin related problems. The aloe gel acts deep into your scalp and fights the fungal infection. It breaks lose thick flakes in your scalp thus clearing your scalp. People with sinus problems avoid using castor oil since it has great cooling effects.|
|Healthy diet||Protein rich food like fish, egg and nuts are a must for a healthy lifestyle. Veggies should be a part of your daily diet.|
|Egg white and yogurt||Egg white and curd is the best way to treat your dandruff. Beat the mixture and apply generously on your scalp. Wait for 10 mins and then go for a hair wash.|
|Fenugreek||Apart from working as a great conditioner, fenugreek moistens your hair and has a great cooling effect. When the moisture is retained there is no room for dry scalp, flakes, and dandruff. People with sinus, stay away!|
Dandruff is frustrating and embarrassing especially when it falls on your clothes. Dandruff can also affect your facial skin causing acnes and pimples. So treat your dandruff today and prevent acne, bumps and blisters. Choose the right kind of shampoo and basic hygiene habits like regular hair wash, and keeping your comb clean are ways through which you can deal with dandruff.
You must also read 13 Best Hair Serums in India.