Ajwa Dates, also popular by the names khajur, ajwa khajoor, Tawarikh, and date palm are considered to be of the Middle East origin. Whilst known for their tongue-tempting sweet taste and a chewy texture, it is the health and beauty benefits of ajwa dates that we tend to explore in this article. You might also be surprised to know that this dark colored palm has been used as a healing remedy for thousands of years in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. So, if you’re keen on finding out everything about Ajwa Dates : A Useful Guide On Health And Beauty benefits, just keep on scrolling down for more.
Why Is Ajwa Khajoor Considered Healthy?
Ajwa dates benefits are due to the fact that these health elixirs contain 0% cholesterol and are free of trans fat. Besides, 1 ajwa khajoor is equal to 20 calories and it can also replenish your body with 2.8 mg of calcium. Lastly, they are rich sources of the powerful antioxidant, tannin that makes ajwa dates a superfood that fends off free radicals.
Nutritional Value Of Ajwa Dates
It isn’t without a solid reason that ajwa khajoor is considered to be the king of dates fruits. It is highly nutritious and contains proteins, essential vitamins, and antioxidants. The guide below will make you familiar with the exact amount of healthy nutrients in ajwa khajoor per 100 grams.
Vitamins And Antioxidants In Ajwa Khajoor
- Vitamins K In Ajwa Dates – 2.7 µg
- Folate In Ajwa Dates – 15 µg
- Pantothenic Acid In Ajwa Dates – 0.805 mg
- Riboflavin In Ajwa Dates – 0.060 mg
- Thiamin In Ajwa Dates – 0.050 mg
- Pyridoxine In Ajwa Dates – 0.249 mg
Minerals And Electrolytes In Ajwa khajoor
- Calcium In Ajwa Dates – 64 mg
- Magnesium In Ajwa Dates – 54 mg
- Phosphorus In Ajwa Dates – 62 mg
- Iron In Ajwa Dates – 0.90 mg
- Manganese In Ajwa Dates – 0.296 mg
- Zinc In Ajwa Dates – 0.44 mg
- Sodium In Ajwa Dates – 1 mg
- Potassium In Ajwa Dates – 696 mg
Phytonutrients In Ajwa khajoor
- Carotene-ß In Ajwa Dates – 89 µg
- Lutein-zeaxanthin In Ajwa Dates – 23 µg
Essential Nutrients In Ajwa Khajoor
- Protein In Ajwa Dates – 1.81 grams
- Dietary Fiber In Ajwa Dates – 6.7 grams
- Carbohydrates In Ajwa Dates – 74.97 grams
- Trans-Free Fat In Ajwa Dates – 0.15 mg
14 Best Ajwa Dates Benefits For Health And Beauty
Now that you are fully aware of the high nutritional value of ajwa khajoor, it’s the right time for letting you learn about the abundant ajwa dates benefits for health, skin, and hair.
11 Ajwa Dates Health Benefits That You Must Know
If you’re struggling with multiple health disorders, ajwa dates are just what you need to improve your lifestyle and transform it into a healthy one.
1. Ajwa Dates For Blood Pressure
Ajwa khajoor makes wonderful high potassium and low sodium diet that’s extremely helpful for people suffering from the problem of high blood pressure.
2. Ajwa Khajoor For Cardiovascular Diseases
Ajwa dates are wonderful heart healers since they contain 0% cholesterol. On top of it, they contain multiple vitamins and minerals that help in increasing the metabolic rate of the body. It directly increases fat metabolism too. As a result, cholesterol and fat molecules deposited in the blood vessels and adipose tissues melt away. Eventually, it reduces the risk of heart attacks.
Also read, 15 Home Remedies To Reduce Cholesterol
3. Ajwa Khajoor For Digestion
Ajwa dates are known to reduce constipation because they are rich sources of digestion-aiding fibers that are water soluble too. As a result, they also reduce acidity, heartburn, bloating, and indigestion.
4. Ajwa Khajoor For Cancer Prevention
Being a warehouse of antioxidants that ajwa khajoor is, it prevents oxidative cell damage. All the antioxidants attack free radicals and keep the cell division process under control; thereby, reducing the risk of cancer. And these date palms are scientifically tested to be quite powerful in the prevention of colon cancer specifically.
5. Ajwa Dates Benefits For Infertility
No matter how strange, but ajwa khajoor is known to increase the sexual drive in men as well as women. In fact, this date fruit increases the sperm count in semen that helps cure male infertility and can also thicken the ovary lining that increases the chances of conceiving in women.
6. Ajwa Dates For Bone Health
You can easily buy ajwa days online and just a few dates, when soaked in water overnight and consumed in the morning empty stomach, can prevent bone disorders like osteoporosis in women. These date palms also reduce joint inflammation caused by arthritis. And all these benefits of ajwa dates for bones are a result of the presence of minerals and vitamins like magnesium, selenium, manganese, and vitamin K.
7. Ajwa Dates For Weight Management
Despite ajwa dates are high-carb palm fruits, when consumed systematically in moderation with the keto diet plan, they help in weight reduction. The reason being, ajwa khajoor reduces cholesterol and fat from the body that helps in weight loss. Besides, ajwa khajoor can also lower blood glucose level since it helps in increasing the metabolism. And glucose metabolism ensures that no sugar remains stored in the blood.
8. Ajwa Dates Health Benefits For Diarrhea
Ajwa khajoor has been clinically tested to cure diarrhea since it contains potassium. And potassium is the major electrolyte that is recommended when suffering from diarrhea. Which is why ajwa khajoor is not just a preventive remedy but also a cure for diarrhea.
9. Ajwa Khajoor For Mental Health
Ajwa dates are quite beneficial in improving mental conditions like depression, stress, insomnia, and anxiety. They are also medically proven to be capable of reducing the risk and the spreading intensity of Alzheimer disease. Lastly, ajwa khajoor can prevent neuron damage that makes the nervous system stronger.
10. Ajwa Dates For Weight Gain
There aren’t many safe remedies for weight gain, but ajwa khajoor is one exception. Other than helping in reducing weight, it can also be used to gain weight without increasing the fat content in the body. You can simply roast some ajwa seeds and eat them to gain weight. Also, consuming ajwa food products is another way of gaining healthy weight by increasing muscle mass and not visceral fat.
11. Ajwa Dates For Anemia
Ajwa dates can increase hemoglobin count in the blood because it contains iron. Therefore, you must consume them when suffering from anemia. Also, they are recommended for pregnant women since high hemoglobin content is necessary for a safe delivery.
2 Beauty Benefits Of Ajwa Dates For Skin
Wondering what ajwa dates can do for your skin? Well, the benefits are astounding. Read through for more details!
12. Ajwa Khajoor For Acne And Black Spots
Ajwa dates can reduce inflammation. Which is why they reduce skin inflammation caused by acne. Also, since they are rich in antioxidants, they can target acne-causing bacteria to control a severe acne breakout. And once your skin is cleared of acne, you can apply a date palm face mask to lighten dark spots and remove pigmentation.
How To Make Ajwa Dates Face Mask For Skin?
Though you can buy a readymade ajwa face mask from the market, the value and worth of making one at home still remain unbeatable.
What You Need:
- Dry ajwa khajoor or ajwa khajoor powder
- Sandalwood powder
- Lime juice
Now, follow the steps given below.
- When using dry ajwa dates, remove the seeds from the flesh and grind the seeds in a mixer to make powder. You can also buy ajwa seed powder online
- Take 1 tsp of ajwa seed powder in a bowl and mix it with ½ tsp of sandalwood powder, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, a few drops of fresh lime juice
- Add rosewater in the desired amount in the bowl and mix all the ingredients well to make a semi-liquid paste
- Apply on clean skin twice a day, once in the morning and once at night for 2 weeks to get rid of black spots from the face
13. Ajwa Dates For Aging
Antioxidants in ajwa khajoor kill free radicals to preserve younger skin cells and save them from damage. Protein in ajwa dates makes the collagen healthy that produces fresh skin cells. The overall result is a much younger looking skin that’s devoid of wrinkles, fine lines, and dryness.
14. Ajwa Khajoor Benefits For Hair
Ajwa khajoor is an ultimate hair reduce date palm fruit that can remove dandruff, increase hair growth and reduce hair fall, and prevent hair greying too. You can buy ajwa khajoor oil online to massage your scalp. It will improve blood circulation and promote the formation of new healthy hair follicles.
How To Eat Ajwa Dates For A Healthy Body And Mind?
There are different ways in which you can include ajwa dates in your daily diet. And we have listed 2 very simple ajwa date recipes with minimum preparation time for you to relish.
1. Ajwa Dates Milkshake For Weight Gain
- Take 2-4 ajwa dates and remove the seeds from the flesh
- Place the ajwa khajoor flesh in a mixer and add 1 cup cold milk in it
- Add some cashews and almonds in the mixer
- You can also add some elaichi powder for extra taste
- Now, grind all the ingredients to make ajwa dates milkshake
- Use some crushed roasted almonds to garnish and drink once every day for 7 days to gain weight in a healthy manner
2. Ajwa Khajoor Water For Heart Disorders
- Take 2-3 fresh ajwa dates and peel the flesh to remove seeds
- Soak those seeds in water and let the solution rest overnight
- Grind the swollen seeds and water in the mixer in the morning
- Filter the ajwa water from the residue and drink empty stomach 3 times a week for 15 days
Frequently Asked Questions
No doubt a wonderful health promoter, ajwa khajoor still comes with a lot of ‘ifs’ that we have tried to cover in this FAQ section. Hope it will answer all your questions about the usefulness of ajwa dates.
Question 1 – What is the difference between fresh ajwa dates and dry ajwa dates?
Answer 1 – This is the most searched question to which we have an answer.
Whilst fresh ajwa dates have higher moisture content and are softer, dried ajwa dates are less softer with higher fiber quantity and more carbs. You can also make dry ajwa dates at home by drying fresh ajwa dates under the sun for 4-5 days.
Question 2 – Why is ajwa khajoor taken with milk?
Answer 2 – Though there are many ways of consuming ajwa khajoor, it’s best to eat it with milk, especially, if you have any bone and/or joint disorder. This is because ajwa dates that are already rich in calcium become more capable when combined with the calcium from milk. Thus, ajwa dates are considered to be very healthy for women suffering from osteoporosis.
Also read, Amazing Turmeric Milk Benefits For Health
Question 3 – Is it safe to eat ajwa khajoor daily?
Answer 3 – As long as you are not on a weight loss diet, you can eat 2-3 ajwa dates every day. For people on a keto diet plan for weak, it is best to consume ajwa dates on the 6th and 7th day of the diet plan. And if looking forward to gaining weight, you can consume about 3 ajwa dates every day for 15 days. However, do not over consume them for long.
Question 4 – Is ajwa khajoor safe during diabetes?
Answer 4 – This is the most obvious question that comes to mind because ajwa khajoor is a high carb date fruit. However, most of the carbs in ajwa khajoor are fruit sugar that’s easily digestible. Also, since ajwa khajoor increases sugar metabolism, it’s considered safe for diabetic patients. Having said that, do not forget to consult your doctor in advance in order to set the correct dosage before you start eating these date palms.
Question 5 – Where to buy ajwa khajoor?
Answer 5 – Since ajwa khajoor is very popular, you can easily find it in all major supermarkets. You can also buy ajwa khajoor online to avail heavy discounts.
Question 6 – What is ajwa khajoor – date or nut?
Answer 6 – Ajwa khajoor is a date and it comes from a date palm tree. Also, it originated in Iraq but is now cultivated worldwide.
To conclude, Ajwa Dates are the best and rare palm fruits that don’t have any major side-effect. We hope that you found the information helpful. Also, pour in your thoughts about our guide, Ajwa Dates : A Useful Guide On Health And Beauty benefits in the comment section. All questions are welcomed too! We will resolve all your queries in no time.